Close

Help With Cura Settings For PETG

Has anyone here had success printing PETG using Cura and could you please share what settings you used? I keep getting really bad results on the top and base surfaces of my prints and have no idea why. I've been trying different settings for days now with no progress. Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

pictures are really small and hard do see detail but looks way under extruded.. If you have used PLA before switching to PETG your nozzle is probably half clogged..
    I use this cleaning filament between every material change and when using PLA between every couple of jobs, as PLA leave crud behind in the nozzle.. One reason I don't like using PLA.
    https://www.intservo.com/products/new-clearning

I do not use CURA but the difference between PLA and PETG setting for me are Nozzle temp for PETG is 230 and bed temp 70, No fan. Speed is always specific to model and Starting Z offset and Extrusion multiplier are checked and adjusted when the start of a new filament or layer height is altered (Z offset only in that case) unless i have already done so and documented the EM for that particular spool and the particular nozzle diameter.
    Good luck with the PETG it really is not any more difficult to use than PLA as long as PETG is dry and all the calibration process were followed. Z offset,Extrusion multiplier and actual measured average filament diameter.. oh and a clean nozzle with properly adjusted extruder drive tension if that is adjustable.

Hi FLSUNNOTFUN,

It definitively is underextruding. That can be caused by two possible factors: Low temperature at hotend or clogged extruder.

In order to give you some acurate answer: what temperatures are you using? Can you also specify what machine is?
    Last edited by 6Ternes; 05-02-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: paragraph collapsed together

I am printing at 240 C extruder temp and 90 C bed temp on an FLSUN QQ.