Close

Question Large-format 3D printers help

Hi all, I'm a proud owner of both a Creality Ender-3 pro and an Anycubic Photon S. I need to expand my personal 3D printer lineup purchasing a large-format device. I think that both an expandable Modix Big 60 and a GCreate GMax 2 might be reliable devices. However, I have only read a few articles about large-format 3D printers here and there so far (last but not least https://top3dshop.com/blog/large-format-3d-printers). Is anyone here with experience in large-format 3D printing? Do you have any tips I should look after to? Thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well the gmax2 is a big I3 and for nearly $4000 is massively over priced !
    The modix is actually slightly cheaper, has better quality components (genuine duet board and 7 inch touchscreen !) duet firmware, is an enclosed printer for printing tricky filaments and on top of that has a significantly larger building volume.

It's kind of a no brainer for me :-)
    The modix beats the gmax hands down.

For less money you can get a larger build i3 with IDEX extruders. Have look at the vivedino T-rex: https://www.formbot3d.com/vivedino-t...ter-p0062.html
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-24-2020 at 07:16 AM.

I think I'll go for a Modix Big 60 V3. It seems to offer the best price/performance ratio. Also, it leaves rooms for many upgrades and add-ons, which is great.

Student
    Add MonkeyGripp on Facebook
    Hey print heads, Does anyone have experience using anything by Modix? The company is based in Israel but I believe they are made in China. I spoke to a Modix distributor called Dynamism and they said you have to tinker with them a lot. I'd like to hear from someone who has used one for a while and give us the real low down on what it's like to print with it before I buy one. Is it dependable? What problems have you encountered? What do you like about it and what are your biggest complaints about it? Would you recommend it to others to buy? Thanks. -Nick in Colorado