Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I think it's pretty clear that all stated in this thread is speculation and opinion based on information that's publicly available about the project. There are very few "facts" released about the printer other than what the creator has stated on the pitch page of the kickstarter project. I guess in two months we'll all know how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    So how does it work, when exactly can these guys cash in in the process? just as the goals met? or after first deliveries?
    That's a good question, although I wouldn't exactly say they will "cash in" necessarily. That kind of implies they aren't actually intending to do much work once they get the money. I have run a Kickstarter campaign before though, and you receive the seed money a few days after the goal is met. You do not have to meet any production criteria to receive the money. The system works on an honor basis. Obligation to fulfill your promises are implied by a project creator's decision to use Kickstarter as a funding platform.

Anyone see this? http://3dprint.com/58371/cobblebot-shipment/

Holding back shipments now if you 'defame' them on internet forums.

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow, that's ballsy. Here's some defamation for you Cobblebot:

You're morons with no business sense of any kind. For the act of suing or even threatening to sue those who helped build your business based on on the promise of a product that they paid for your principles deserve to fall into the deepest pit of bankruptcy. It is my sincere hope that you are publicly shamed for your immoral acts and lawfully blocked from continuing to do business (or whatever it is that you've been doing with all those people's money) in texas or anywhere else.

Engineer-in-Training
    The whole thing was pretty shifty. The fact that he has a lawyer despite the meager budget only puts the legitimacy of the campaign into further question.

The first campaign was haphazardly run, it looks like he didn't even have a running 3D printer when it was first posted. The first video of a running 3D printer was posted a 9 days later, of a *calibration cube* being built. Despite that, he gave the impression that printer built a Yoda and a Dalek in the original video, and there's no reason to believe that was true.
    Last edited by JRDM; 04-15-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    The fact that he has a lawyer despite the meager budget only puts the legitimacy of the campaign into further question..
    The fact is he is a lawyer, which makes it pretty easy and cost effective to issue C&D letters as and where he feels appropriate. I find it more surprising that they have shipped printer kits but not included the instructions for assembling them than the fact that this is their fourth round of sending letters to suppress what they feel are defamation.

It would seem shipping a working printer would solve 90% of the problems alluded to in the posts I've read.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yeah but thats how business people work. Lawyers don't understand that suing isn't the only way to silence your critics. Nor do they seem to get that it frequently results in more and much more vocal critics than what you started with.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemsGuy View Post
    The fact is he is a lawyer, which makes it pretty easy and cost effective to issue C&D letters as and where he feels appropriate. I find it more surprising that they have shipped printer kits but not included the instructions for assembling them than the fact that this is their fourth round of sending letters to suppress what they feel are defamation.

It would seem shipping a working printer would solve 90% of the problems alluded to in the posts I've read.

Wow, I didn't know he's a lawyer.

This site shows him as an inactive license as of last month:
    http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/77063-...t-1773415.html

It might be worth following up on that if he gives anyone any more lawyery grief. Practicing law, or even 'practicing law' without a license might get him in trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if "fourth round" was BS. I doubt a business can threaten to sue its customers without it coming out much quicker than the "fourth round".
    Last edited by JRDM; 04-15-2015 at 02:08 PM.

While I am much more pleased with the recent article compared to the last one, there are still some thing I have issue with.

Yes, they have shipped some printers, but the article implies (at least to me) that numerous printers have shipped and people are happy with it. So far I know of 2 people receiving the kit. A pre-order and a SEB backer. Neither got any instructions on how to build. After contacting Cobblebot and some back and forth, Cobblebot told Mike why but doesn't want anyone to know why and said he would receive instructions soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if "fourth round" was BS. I doubt a business can threaten to sue its customers without it coming out much quicker than the "fourth round".
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Some people would be too scared to publicly admit that someone had sent them a cease and desist letter as they may feel that that could result in further legal action, or them not getting their printer.

I was banned from their forums (and all my posts deleted) "pending review for defamation by their legal department" in early December.
    They then later sent a cease and desist letter in early January for negative remarks towards them on the cobblebot google+ group (not hosted or run by cobblebot). (giving 3 statements I made)
    Then, in early February when their little monster Kickstarter was almost complete they sent another email stating " Cobblebot Inc. is currently reviewing the totality of your actions and determining damages, which is expected to be in excess of $100,000" conveniently the goal for the little monster Kickstarter, money they wouldn't have had if the Kickstarter wasn't successful.

I asked for evidence of the falsity of the claims I had made that they deem defamatory and are yet to receive a response.

So there is at least 2 or 3, and of course we have DJBrownies sudden retraction of all his comments and stating it is "just his opinion". I suspect he received a cease and Desist as well.

P.S. the links in the article seem to be missing their "//" to make it link here.
    Last edited by JeffBlack; 04-15-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBlack View Post
    While I am much more pleased with the recent article compared to the last one, there are still some thing I have issue with.

Yes, they have shipped some printers, but the article implies (at least to me) that numerous printers have shipped and people are happy with it. So far I know of 2 people receiving the kit. A pre-order and a SEB backer. Neither got any instructions on how to build. After contacting Cobblebot and some back and forth, Cobblebot told Mike why but doesn't want anyone to know why and said he would receive instructions soon.

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Some people would be too scared to publicly admit that someone had sent them a cease and desist letter as they may feel that that could result in further legal action, or them not getting their printer.

I was banned from their forums (and all my posts deleted) "pending review for defamation by their legal department" in early December.
    They then later sent a cease and desist letter in early January for negative remarks towards them on the cobblebot google+ group (not hosted or run by cobblebot). (giving 3 statements I made)
    Then, in early February when their little monster Kickstarter was almost complete they sent another email stating " Cobblebot Inc. is currently reviewing the totality of your actions and determining damages, which is expected to be in excess of $100,000" conveniently the goal for the little monster Kickstarter, money they wouldn't have had if the Kickstarter wasn't successful.

I asked for evidence of the falsity of the claims I had made that they deem defamatory and are yet to receive a response.

So there is at least 2 or 3, and of course we have DJBrownies sudden retraction of all his comments and stating it is "just his opinion". I suspect he received a cease and Desist as well.

P.S. the links in the article seem to be missing their "//" to make it link here.

It's all scare tactics. My roomate is a jr lawyer and this happens on a regular. People who are not knowledgeable gets spooked, this they accomplished their mission. C&D letters are nothing. They can be written up by any lawyer. It doesn't even have to be a valid case yet. Lawyers have nothing to lose doing this. It's when they follow through with a valid suit is when it gets serious. In most of these matters, there's no defamimation if the party has just been stating events that has happened. he would be wasing a lot of money to file a suit which would get thrown out. The other party should file a countersuit for criminal harassment and threathening conduct which he would win easily. Judges hate snobby lawyers who threaten consumers. They beat DJBrowny with this scare tactic becuase he wasn't knowlegeable and is a coward.

Heck if this ever goes to trial, Jeff, start a gofundme. You can personally hold me to at least $500 in donation and I'm sure more will support you in wiping the smirk off Jeremiah's face. It's a slam dunk case from the messages i've seen from you in public. You have more going for your countersiuit than he has for defamination.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast