Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    .It is more about how you tune and set your printer, than what machine you buy. Following, my home setting
    Well up to a point.
    No idea on the ender 5 - at the moment we're not getting many people with problems with them - so I'm hopeful that creality have come up with a reasonable design.

As far as the ender 3 goes - No.
    The design is fundamentally flawed - deleberately so - and just not a fully formed i3.

Also we are now quite a long way down the rabbit hole as far as the evolution of home 3d printers is concerned and while the mid to top range are improving all the time and getting alot more 'plug-n-play' out of the box.
    The budget end of things is going steadily backwards.
    Faulty or sub-standard components, just bloody awful mechanical design and truly appalling after sales support.
    Unfortunately the ender 3 is the flag holder and industry leader in all those areas.

If this were any other industry, then the simple fact that print speeds were getting slower not faster - would be a major red flag.

Yes you can get decent prints from an ender 3.
    Will it work out of the box with no fiddling around ? Unlikely.
    Is it as fast or accurate or as reliable as the original prusa i3 design ? Not even close !

Bear in mind that josef prusa's designs are ALL open source and you can even download the part stl's - free and for nothing - off his website.
    For the sake of a couple of rods and bearings and an extra stepper motor - was it really worth creality's effort to change the design to save themselves about $15 worth of parts ?

I'd say no.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I'm not a fan of the Ender, or Monoprice for that matter, even though they're USA-designed and built.

Yet as the student previously mentioned, if one tree in the Creality forest is rotten, why bring down all the others. What I read from the reviews, the CR-10S Pro V2 sounds like an excellent machine. I just wonder about mobo reliability. It has great build volume and seems mercurial with flexible filaments after a few minor mods. Why are we not talking about that one?

Add 686 Shooter on Thingiverse
    I currently own a CR-10S Pro V2 and love it. It is a great machine and produces excellent quality prints right out of the box. If someone is considering one I would not hesitate to recommend it. The only change I made so far is adding a Micro-Swiss hot end so I can print higher temps. I have some silent fans for it but I've been too lazy to install them.

As with any product be it cars, electronics, or 3D printers there are those that will dislike a certain brand and nothing will change their mind. "My grandpa's cousins uncles friend owned a Dodge in 72 and it broke down once. Thus all Dodge's are crap." If you disagree your just plain wrong.

That's why it's so important to do your homework when trying to decide on a printer. I always recommend you speak to someone who currently owns the model you are considering and/or a reputable dealer that sells multiple brands. A reputable dealer will be able to point out the pro's and con's of each printer and can provide valuable support should you need it.

Stay safe everyone, and keep on printing!

Super Moderator
    I bought a TwoTrees Sapphire Pro, carefully assembled it, leveled the bed, loaded and extruded the supplied filament, loaded the supplied SD card with a test print file on it.
    Then nothing else happened, no printing just a fan blowing, after repeatedly trying to get a print started it has never happened.

That's the total of my progress into 3D printing
    The attitude from the manufacturer seems to be just sort it out yourself, but usually emails are ignored.

At the moment it is dismantled and repackaged to return for a refund, however all I have from Banggood at the moment is an offer of just £30.00 to resolve the issue despite their 30 day return and refund policy.

In my experience it seems that Chinese companies can copy anything except quality and good customer service.

Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 05-11-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Thanks! It's looking good for the CR-10S Pro V2 so far. Has anyone used it for over a year or, say, over 200 prints?

Thanks for the advice, I am also thinking of taking a large leap over all the Chinese brands to land in Prusa-land. Unless there's a brand that can meet some reliability standards (anyone? Is Anycubic or TEVO better?).I also found myself disappointed with motherboard issues coming up in Wanhao systems after two years of moderate-use printing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    between anycubic and tevo - I'd go for anycubic.
    Simply because after a promising start - tevo have jumped on the creality bandwagon and now only make crippled i3's
    Mind you the little monster is one beast of a delta - I'd love one of those :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123