Close

MakerFarm iv3 to . . .

Hi Everyone!Hope everyone is doing well; I am new to this board!I've been playing around with printers since 2014 at which time I built a printer and it was terrible, from there I decided on purchasing and building a MakerFarm iv5 in 2015.

It was a great machine with a huge learning curve after adding auto bed leveling, new hot end, among other things I cannot remember. The main things I did not like was the reliability and setup time. It would usually take 2-3 prints before one came out right and this included adjusting the Slic3r and so on.

Overall it was a great printer to learn from and I am certainly not knocking them. With that being said I am looking for an 'affordable' FDM printer which is reliable requiring minimum setup. I have been considering the Elegoo but living in a condo in Boston, the real estate this needs with the cleaning and such is not feasible. Also, looks like Amazon is no longer carrying them...

Anyone who is or has been in my position care to chime in? It would be greatly appreciated.

Best,K

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    After locating this page for Elegoo it shows that is could be an Ender 3.

So I am attaching this page for Hictop that sales a compatible version.
    And the creality3dshop that sales the Ender 3

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not that an ender 3 is hassle free - quite the opposite.

There is an idex machine on the hictop site: https://www.hic3dprinter.com/product...32902377668652
    what's more it's full prusa build spec (direct drive extruders, dual z motors and dual print bed guides).
    Cheap too.
    No clue how relieble it is - but I just love me some idex :-)

Failing that what's wrong with a prusa mk3 :-)

Or are we looking at real budget machines ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-19-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    not that an ender 3 is hassle free - quite the opposite.

There is an idex machine on the hictop site: https://www.hic3dprinter.com/product...32902377668652
    what's more it's full prusa build spec (direct drive extruders, dual z motors and dual print bed guides).
    Cheap too.
    No clue how relieble it is - but I just love me some idex :-)

Failing that what's wrong with a prusa mk3 :-)

Or are we looking at real budget machines ?
    Realistically, I am hoping it will be under 500-600 USD (PLA/ABS). I was looking at the 'Ender 3' but it seemed too good to be true unless someone has experience. Thank you for the reply

Any new thoughts? I would greatly appreciate it!