Close

FlashForge Creator Max

Hey. After weeks of deliberation and research, I'm a proud new owner of a Creator Max. I bought a few spools of PLA and PETG, a glass bed (Read online that glass is best?) and blue tape to be safe. Are there any tips and tricks you guys have that I should do before getting rolling? Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well first - try using the bed it comes with :-)
    glass and blue tape is a fairly major step backwards these days.
    The only reason to add a glass plate would be if the original plate was not flat - flashforge usually make pretty flat plates.
    So no clue who'd recommend a glass bed for a machine that hadn't even been tested.

Personally I'd go for a sheet of self adhesive PEI.
    Tape is generally more hassle than it's worth.
    If you can't be arsed to get a sheet of PEI then buy a bottle of Dimafix - hands down the best print adhesive I've ever used.
    Brilliant stuff and a little goes a VERY long way :-)

Looking at the spec - not sure why they're calling it a max. It's basically a standard creator pro with a touch screen.
    You've got a 6.3mm aerospace aluminium print bed - glass should definitely NOT be needed at any point.

Student
    Hi - is it the same as the Flashforge Finder - glass bed with the blue Flashforge self adhesive replaceable surface? If so, I am using Elmers Purple Invisible Glue and works a treat.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's 6mm aluminium - not glass :-)