Close

Threaded View

Manualy set Z orgin on makerbot

hello, joined today, new to the forums and to 3d printing

i was printing this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2676324 and i was 10 out of 12 hours in. the print was moving ever so slightly, so i paused it and hot glued it down to the print bed. i clicked resume and got the 1001 error, cancelling my print. thats a lot of plastic and im laid off, so im actually really fucking pissed of that some "pretend-gineer" designed it so that something so stupid would cancel your prints.

so i haven't touched it, didn't close makerbot desktop or anything. its just sitting there. im a machinist apprentice by trade, so im used to FANUC cnc controllers and manual cnc contol with g-code or with hand wheels. i THINK that i can get the Z length of the finished print, figure out how much of the model i have left to print. then i would modify the model, change it so that its not printing with rafts, and then essentialy touch off the top of what i gave printed with the tip of the nozzle and set that as my Z 0. and start printing from there. however, i dont know how to do this. i have seen people use a reprap and a software like pronterface or printrun and do something similar. how can i do this with my makerbot replicator mini? i know that old makerbots used to use a redesigned Arduino Mega 2560 or something, but i assume that they have something propriatary now.

also is it possible to change a perameter, so that it will just pause the operation, instead of cancelling it?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by mini; 04-13-2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: better title