Close

What did you do when your filament won't stick

What's your remedy when filament won't stick?

Student
    What filament? What printer? What settings are you using? What print surface? Is it a heated bed? And what have you tried so far?

need more info and maybe some photos to be sure, but some common issues that could affect adhesion may include cleaning the print surface, checking bed level, slicer settings (including wrong bed temp)

Can't say that ever happens when things are set up correctly

Student
    1st printer a CTC Makerbot clone took me a while to setup. New to the scene and so many answers.

My answer turned out to be a quick smear of pritt stick which i assume is the same as elmers over the pond?

Cured my parts sticking to the bed. For the rare part with a small contact area a thin "mouse ear" just a couple of layers in height
    gives a larger area to stick to the bed. This can prevent parts lifting mid print also. Took me a while to level the bed properly though.

Fix for that was place a sheet of glass on the bed and print onto that with the smear of pritt stick.

Just bought an Elegoo Mars and the 1st print failed, stuck to the sheet not the bed. Levelled it exactly the same as the first time but
    it must have done something right as its worked perfectly since. Not needed to level again (yet) but less than 10 prints so far.

Once set dont be heavy handed removing the parts and it should not need doing again.
    Last edited by FDM to SLA; 04-08-2020 at 10:31 PM. Reason: No line breaks when posting?