Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well there are differences between 3d printing issues and 3d PRINTER issues.
    everyone has the former, it's mainly a matter of experience and lateral thinking - but with a good machine you don't have to have the latter.

I don't think I've had many 3d printer issues. Certainly had none with my he3d k200 delta and replicator clones are pretty much bombproof.
    The ctc i3, yeah - but you expect that when you deliberately buy the cheapest machine on the market
    The monoprice mini delta, well all my issues with that may have been of my own making.
    Had a rejigger couple days ago and put the extruder back to factory spec- so we'll see if it stopd jamming. Kind of weird as normally a narrower tube insert improve4s things.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well there are differences between 3d printing issues and 3d PRINTER issues.
    everyone has the former, it's mainly a matter of experience and lateral thinking - but with a good machine you don't have to have the latter.

I don't think I've had many 3d printer issues. Certainly had none with my he3d k200 delta and replicator clones are pretty much bombproof.
    The ctc i3, yeah - but you expect that when you deliberately buy the cheapest machine on the market
    The monoprice mini delta, well all my issues with that may have been of my own making.
    Had a rejigger couple days ago and put the extruder back to factory spec- so we'll see if it stopd jamming. Kind of weird as normally a narrower tube insert improve4s things.
    I am still confused, I read you post to say there are issues with the Prusa Mk3. If so, what are they?

nope you missed a post :-)
    The creality has printer issues.

nope you missed a post :-)
    The creality has printer issues.
    The prusa mk3 definitely doesn't count as a large i3.

Sorry if I confused the OP! I see what I missed.. It's hell gettin old, blind and senile!

Student
    I also thought he was talking about the mk3...

I thought I posted a response but I don't see it..

I will look into the mini after work but I do think I'll most likely just get the non mini version. It is alot cheaper tho so if I don't find enough cons I may side with the mini.

The only issue i know of with the mk3 - and this was back in spetember, so may no longer be a 'thing' - is the head collision setting doesn't always work.

I know this as I tried it at the tct show in september and if they'd been allowed to hit me - the prusa booth staff would have tried :-)
    There is a video of thomas sanladerer (I will spell his surname correctly one day, most likely by accident) intervieweing josef prusa. Josef grab the exctruder of a running mk3, Holds it still for a bit and lets go. The machine then resets, and continues on printing. Magic stuff !
    But if the collision tech is switched off in the firmware, - because it doesn't work well - when you grab the head, it just buggers the print up and people get annoyed at you ;-)

I suspect I was not the first person to do it - which would explain the sheer hostility from the booth staff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
    I also thought he was talking about the mk3...

I thought I posted a response but I don't see it..

I will look into the mini after work but I do think I'll most likely just get the non mini version. It is alot cheaper tho so if I don't find enough cons I may side with the mini.
    The mini looks really nice for the money but has a few months of back order wait. I am actually considering buying one to try but it has no USB interface and I would want to use Octoprint with it rather than the SD card and I print a lot of ABS and the mini heated bed maxes out at 100C which is a tad too low. Either one is a quality machine but there is a track record for the mk3 vs the new release of the mini.. The mini is probably more plug an play but does have some limits do to the fact it is to compete with the cheap china clones.

Student
    I'm buying a Ender 3 right now due to my uncle having one and liking it alot.

I'm doing it for two reasons. Its cheap AF lol. And this gives me a great thing to practice with. I am still buying the Prusa mk3s in under a month so this Ender 3 is honestly almost pointless but I'm doing it anyway. I was gonna do the pro but by the time it can ship I'll probably have ordered the Prusa already then the Ender would be very very pointless.

ideal build plate temp for abs is around 85c - that said, unless you're using a heated enclosure - why bother with abs ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast