Close

Help fixing mirrored prints

So printing works good until I print something that isn't symmetrical. I noticed that items print mirrored. I have been searching and it seems like many answers are missing something. I get that I can reverse the motor (x motor in this case) by changing the code below. The problem is that the homing for the endstop is now going to be on the opposite side. Is there a simple way to change the endstop to just reverse like I did with the motor? It seems that there needs to be an understanding of the MIN and MAX and I don't get it. // Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.#define INVERT_X_DIR true#define INVERT_Y_DIR true#define INVERT_Z_DIR true

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    OK so you have a question? I can not answer without asking a few myself to you.
    Would help if we knew something about your 3D Printer.
    1. Where is the Home 0,0,0 located on the bed.
    2. What style 3D Printer is this.

This could all be shown in a single video posted to a share like Google Drive with a link to the video posted here.
    If you are having problems with your firmware you could post it to the same Google Drive

As an example
    I have a two Hictop Prusa i3 the home 0,0,0 location is front left corner of the hot-bed
    My X-Axis end-stop switch is on the left hand side of the X-Axis. My Y-Axis end-stop switch in on the rear frame center.
    This would give us a point a reference as to what you have.

1)my Home is the front right2) This is a Folgertech i3 Mega (300x300x400)3) I am using Marlin firmwareMy X-Axis endstop is on the right and my Y-Axis endstop is in the rear.

If home is Left Front then X-Axis end stop is an max, Y-Axis is at min
    From what you posted I believe all you have to do is.

// Direction of end-stops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN

#define X_HOME_DIR 1
    This would correct a left to right mirroring.

I thought that would be the right thing to do as well, but that creates an error in sanitycheck.h SanityCheck.h:1154:6: error: #error "Enable USE_XMAX_PLUG when homing X to MAX." #error "Enable USE_XMAX_PLUG when homing X to MAX." ^exit status 1#error "Enable USE_XMAX_PLUG when homing X to MAX."

Does Folgertech have a Marlin Configuration.h file

Post your Entire Marlin to a share like Google Drive post the lnik here will take a look.

Yes it has that file type. That is where I go to try to tinker. I uploaded the code and shared the link. I also uploaded a picture of the printer to show where things are and the 0,0,0 when it homes.https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...dX?usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Believe this line should be
    #define X_HOME_DIR 1

changed -1 to a 1 there and then it just moves away from the endstop for a split second and stops.
    I tried tinkering with the X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING and X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING and that makes it move, but tries to keep going even when hitting the endstop.