Close

Technologist

Why do I get "GHOST" images

Just installed brand new borosilicate bed and when printing up these little squares to check level, it printed a border as they normaly do? The squares after print were measured with dial guage and all were very close +-0.003mm . The squares at left rear, right rear, and left front came of easily. The right front I had to get a wrench to "break" free the beds hold on that one. Front of bed Im thinking gets hotter than rear, is this possible? ALSO how do I deal with ghost image of the border? It has no feeling, cannot remove with fingernail, and smooth to the touch. How to clean it OFF? You can see what Im refering about at red arrows
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    Never mind , I used Acetone to remove ghost images and make bed appear brand new again. Now some of you may say try IPA, but IPA didn't touch ghost image. Plus I used Elmers Glue stick applied as Vision Miner youtube deminstrated All sticking now

Student
    I have an old CTC Makerbot clone and I use a Pritt Stick which I think is the same as your Elmers. Cured my bed adhesion issues
    totally. Except for ABS. Where it worked if it felt like it.

Fitted a sheet of glass to my bed some years ago and that worked well also. Glue+Glass= Almost perfect.

Technologist
    LOL soon as I saw "Pritt stick", I knew in UK. Then I looked over and saw to confirm My moms side from Cornwall area from a "LiL house" on an island. LOL I had just finished printing a cell phone case thats been giving me a fit to keep stuck. I clean the bed with acetone then apply stick glue left to right, then when dry front to back. Been working great last two prints