Close

Technologist

Angry Prints not sticking to new Borosilicate bed

Hello Just replaced worn out stock bed that came with Ender 3 Pro. Had many successful prints with that bed. But even with cleaning it had too many ghost images and started to need a comealong to remove prints. So I ordered a Borosilicate glass bed and new updated adjustment springs. I cleaned bed, heated it up to 60 and checked for flatness. I'll have to say it is flat. What my problem is the Cell phone case I've started 3 times all failed. would not stay stucked to bed. When I restarted the print, it would lay down these brim lines. When the hot end got to the rear of the bed, this first strings would not stick. when it got to the front, it stuck. I even adjusted bed lil higher on back left and right corners. Made nice curves on the front but the rear didn't stick. Do I need to add some kind of stickum of some sort to the bed? Ender 3 Protried CURA 4.1,4.4,and 4.5(4.5 locked up a lot of times)Bed temp 200extruder 60, 4mm nozzle0.1220% infilwith BRIM without BRIM no differenceSkirt same results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce19; 03-28-2020 at 04:29 PM. Reason: correction

the starting height is not set correctly. You need to follow whatever process the print manufacture gives you to set the initial starting height also called Z offset If the bed is level and the height is correct then PLA should stick to glass.

Once complete the attached model should be printed and the height of the walls measured with a digital caliper. The walls should be between 2.98 and 3mm tall if you are properly set up. If this is true when printed in the center of the bed. Place a model on each corner and measure them one at a time to check level.
    Good luck it is a bit of a process but required if you want thing correct.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technologist
    Ive never had an issue before. Could it be from adjusting the Z limit stop to compensate for glass thickness?

Technologist
    I printed the square and it measures 3.174mm Im afraid to ask, Whats next
    Last edited by Bruce19; 03-28-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: correction

You need to figure out how to make the nozzle start .174 mm closer to the bed

Technologist
    just told it to print one in each corner

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce19 View Post
    just told it to print one in each corner
    great trick! i will be sure to share this with the residents of Treasure at Tampines, JadeScape and 19 Nassim!

https://www.thetreasure-attampines.com
    https://www.the-jadesscape.com
    https://www.the19nassims.com

Technologist
    great idea

Technologist
    After measuring the 4 cubes and all pretty close, I cleaned bed with acetone , the did the computer paper to dial in hot end nozzel distance. Also applied stick glue. Ane cell case is started and sticking

Technologist
    shi.......... still had warping so in cura I turned case 90degrees so it print across the bed as opposed front to back. before told to print, i cleaned bed, applied stick glue after print done still not happy with