Close

Imprecision between layers - Anycubic i3 Mega

I'm fine-tuning an anycubic i3 mega that has had a lot of problems for a long time and I find that the precision between the layers poor. In slightly elongated and thin pieces it is seen a lot.

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-28 at 20.49.32.jpg

What could I do or what should I change to improve it?

Thank you and sorry for my english!

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    On my 3D Printer getting Z-Stripping which kind of looks like what I see on the image you posted.

To solve this problem I wrapped a single wrap of electricians tape on the lead-screw and press it into the coupler.
    This keeps the Z-Wobble to a minimum on the lead-screw side of the couplers. I also had to align the Z-Axis so it did not bind for the whole Z travel.

Below is a sample of Z-Stripping
    Model on left is with tape model on right is without tape.

2mm Layer Shifting.jpg

I tried to use these 3D Printed couplers that I 3D Printed and found the below Aluminum couplers were many times better.
    Coupler.jpg

I apologize because I have not understood anything of what you have told me about the coupler and the wrap of electricians .

I have tightened the screws and the belts and the truth is that it is better, but it is still not enough.

Since you have provided no info on what material you are printing with or any of the basic setting info needed I will make a guess or two. These are small part, and you are only printing one at a time. Looks like they are over heated and printed too fast. When making changes to the slicer you change only 1 thing and then print. Change more than one and you will never get it right or understand what each thing does. First thing to do is slow down. I would probably print those things at 20mmS if they are as small as I think. If that does not help, next time I would set my extruder temp to the lowest number the manufacture suggest. The other thing I would do is print 2 at one this allows the layer to cool while the other model is being printed..
    Good luck

Sorry for the lack of information.

I am using PLA, right now printing at 200º which is the temperature at which it is best for me to print it.
    The speed is 50-60mm / s.

Now I'm going to try to print those small pieces at a slower speed and I will hang the photo again (regardless of the speed it will look better because of the improvements I have already made, that's for sure.

Regardless of this, the columns do have an evident excess of speed and temperature, but for the other two I have printed them with another printer with the same parameters and the result is very, very different.

EDIT:

There's no a lot of difference

[img=https://img.overpic.net/thumbs/m/7/v/xm7vscpsgle7jfymv6ms5_s.jpeg]
    Last edited by apares8; 03-29-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what slicer are you using ?

It's like you're over extruding - which is common with cura - download and try prusa slicer: https://www.prusa3d.com/prusaslicer/

I was actually using cura.

I downloaded Prusa and did the test. Maybe a little better, but not remarkable.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Below is a sample of Z-Stripping
    Model on left is with tape model on right is without tape.

2mm Layer Shifting.jpg

Z-Stripping is caused when the Lead-screw warbles as it spins, causing the different layer extrusion to be offset from the previous layer.

You can test simply by raising and lowering the Z-Axis if you can see the lead-screw wobble this will cause Z-Stripping in above image.

I've seen this and the lead-screws seems okay.

How can I change the esteps for the motor of my extruder in the anycubic?. Maybe this could be the problem.