Close

Coffee Origin Traceability Propelled by Blockchain App

Many millennials are becoming mindful of the source of what they consume or purchase. As a result, millennials who are coffee enthusiasts have become more demanding as they seek to know the origin of their cup of coffee. Some of the top coffee shops have heeded to these concerns as they are seeking technology-based solutions, such as advert removed
    Notably, some coffee companies, such as Jacob Douwe Egberts and J.M. Smucker Co. have collaborated with Farmer Connect, a blockchain initiative startup, in propelling the traceability of coffee beans’ origin. This objective will be realized through Thank A Farmer, a consumer-facing application, that will be blockchain-enabled.

advert removed
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 07-24-2022 at 02:21 AM. Reason: advertising spam

Wow, I don't know that before.

I love to drink coffee instead of other energy drinks.

Yes, there was such news recently. The coffee chain Starbucks gave its customers the ability to track the origin of their coffee using blockchain. They put a unique code on the packet of beans, which allows them to get information about their origin and brewing recommendations. But I'm not quite sure why we need to use blockchain here. You can just use a QR code that redirects to a page with all the information. Although I personally don't care about this information. I always buy coffee from advert deleted and the taste is more important to me. Where the coffee came from in my cup isn't so important
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 07-24-2022 at 02:22 AM. Reason: advertising spam