Close

Technologist

Having issues printing Nylon in my FFCP. Advice needed.

I have had my FFCP for a while now. I have changed the hot ends over to the swiss something or other hot ends. They work just fine. I recently purchased a spool of Nylon Bridge filament and am having issues getting a complete print. I have set the bed and nozzle temps to the required temps (255) . I have set the speed to 2200mm/min. Retraction is set to the recommended 4mm.
    I used Simplify3d as the slicer. When printing, the filament sticks to the bed fine but when the print gets to about 25 to 50% completed, the filament stops extruding. To clarify, the extruder motor and gear is turning but the filament is not coming out. It gets stuck. I then unload and reload the filament and everything works well until the filament jams again. at about 25 to 50% into the print).

I have tried slowing down the feed rate, slowing down the speeds, changing retraction setting but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me with suggestions to be able to print nylon without it stopping the feeding of the filament. I have no clue why it is doing this. No other filament I use does this. If you are successfully printing nylon on your FFCP, please let me know what you are doing.

Thank you for your time.
    Bill

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well bridge is one of the taulman filaments I found to be stupidly hard to print.
    Gave up in the end.

36.66mm/s
    seems a bit fast - try 20mm/s and 260c
    And switch speed to mm/s - just easier to make sense of and I don't have to keep dividing by 60 :-)

nylon 645 on the other hand is much easier to use and works quite well. Infinitely better than bridge, that's for sure.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well bridge is one of the taulman filaments I found to be stupidly hard to print.
    Gave up in the end.

36.66mm/s
    seems a bit fast - try 20mm/s and 260c
    And switch speed to mm/s - just easier to make sense of and I don't have to keep dividing by 60 :-)

nylon 645 on the other hand is much easier to use and works quite well. Infinitely better than bridge, that's for sure.
    Thank you: I did not know that there were different kinds of nylon. Shows you how often I print with nylon! I will buy some 645 and try that.