Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Print sizes?

Technician
    designerrants, the time is due to the relative volumes of the drop and container, and from the available info (btw I have paid to be a beta tester, but not a peep or beta received yet so STILL working in theory) the drop rate is adjustable and apparently on TINY (approx size in photos suggests 2-3mm/side and 20mm high in 20 minutes) objects each layer takes about 4 seconds, but with 1000+ layers per mm of z axis the estimate of duration can be left to the designer of the object (btw 25.4mm to the inch) and larger area builds will probably take longer per layer to give sufficient curing energy at the points to be cured in the liquid resin. and I CAN fire even nastier shots than vanguard's minor warning shot and I usually aim for total annilation of the target.
    the peachy printer uses a UV LASER to cure LIQUID resin that floats on top of salt water and does NOT extrude anything other than UV light. (idiots - please point the laser at your eyes, all others - do NOT do the request for idiots)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It appears that DesignerRants takes GREAT offense in my saying that the Peachy does not "extrude". In his very THIRD post on 3D Print Board, he has reported me in "reported posts", part of the forum that most of you cannot access. He uses some VERY powerful words indeed, must be a scholar, maybe a Yale, or Harvard graduate.

His post reads " Worthless nerdy, doesn't advance the conversation, hopefully not the kind of asswipe you want on your forum" . I must say, very compelling. DesignerRants must be a very influential person, or perhaps just a whiner.

With this obvious education, I must refer to the original forums, the ones the early Greeks used, they were for discussion. DesignerRants is very disgusted, oh that's not the same as discussion.
    Carry on DesignerRants !
    Yet another churlish post that 1) doesn't advance the conversation and 2) doesn't answer a single question.

I hope 3D printer startups don't have to rely on your sort for long, as you would seem to be bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    the peachy printer uses a UV LASER to cure LIQUID resin that floats on top of salt water and does NOT extrude anything other than UV light.
    I actually understand this point quite well, as should anyone without severe cognitive disability who watched the kickstarter video for the Peachy printer. I made the slight mistake of substituting the word "extrude" for the word "print" - probably because I use SolidWorks (and other professional 3D modeling software suites) on a near daily basis, and to model "features" that would result in the geometry necessary to build a column in a Peachy printer, that would be considered an "extruded boss". This is not a big deal and should not have been the apparent giant ass-chapping sticking point that it turned out to be.

Anyone who can only quibble over the definition of words when their meanings in context are clear, yet not attempt to answer the question(s) asked, is not being helpful, and therefore should at least not be a "moderator" of a help forum.

But I appreciate that you, harpo99999, have at least provided information and some help relevant to my questions. And, since everyone wants to quibble over definitions, keep in mind that UV light photons are not "extruded", but emitted.

DesignerRants

You certainly have a way with words, quite eloquent, and convincing. I am sure you are diplomat material. You complain about the way I have used the forum in a way that does not convey information, and then proceed to use two post to do so yourself. You definitely have picked a deserving name with "Rants" portion. Continue.

You certainly have a way with words, quite eloquent, and convincing. I am sure you are diplomat material. You complain about the way I have used the forum in a way that does not convey information, and then proceed to use two post to do so yourself. You definitely have picked a deserving name with "Rants" portion. Continue.
    My complaint was that your post "Does not convey information"? No. That's a twisted premise. I pointed out how only a pathetic "moderator" would answer a QUESTION with a petty quibble on the definition of a word taken out of context, and then offer no relevant information to help answer the question asked.

My last 2 posts were not replies to questions. Further, I'm not trying to set the (hopefully high) leadership standards of a Moderator's position on a help forum - even if you're merely an unpaid volunteer. Again, I hope you're the exception to the rule of who qualifies as a "Moderator" on this site. Next time you're about to reply to a posted question, ask yourself: "Am I here to help facilitate a forum and membership, or to try to belittle and lecture participants because of personal hangups?"

This entire exchange should be a thread on it's own. I would like to say, I was not the one that rudely attacked a person as an "asswipe" btw; that would be ass-wipe. You have repeatedly used foul language in attacking me, very uncalled for, and makes you look like a very uneducated person. If not uneducated, unwise. You cannot communicate, your ideas are minimal, you have problem. I would NOT want to work any where that you worked, or be a service person at any food joint you visited. You are out of line. I have been polite, and yet you continue to attack me over what was an informative post. Your POV is warped as are you.

If you wish to continue to look like a fool, I am very willing to go along.

BTW; it has been discussed with in the staff, you are being laughed at, you cannot even spell, it should never have gone to this, since it was a minor comment, that YOU have pursued, and pursued, all the while attacking me in a childish manner !

This entire exchange should be a thread on it's own. I would like to say, I was not the one that rudely attacked a person as an "asswipe" btw; that would be ass-wipe. You have repeatedly used foul language in attacking me, very uncalled for, and makes you look like a very uneducated person. If not uneducated, unwise. You cannot communicate, your ideas are minimal, you have problem. I would NOT want to work any where that you worked, or be a service person at any food joint you visited. You are out of line. I have been polite, and yet you continue to attack me over what was an informative post. Your POV is warped as are you.

If you wish to continue to look like a fool, I am very willing to go along.

BTW; it has been discussed with in the staff, you are being laughed at, you cannot even spell, it should never have gone to this, since it was a minor comment, that YOU have pursued, and pursued, all the while attacking me in a childish manner !
    You're a psycho.

I think you have made my point for me.

In the battle of wits, you are unarmed.

From Kingoddball: Is this needed? Why bother?
    Last edited by Kingoddball; 12-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Really?
    This is needed?!
    - Closed. Don't reopen. Answer was supplied.

The posts that were reported are fine to report.

You don't need to attack people for not knowing how new tech works! Nothing constructive to say then just move along?
    Last edited by Kingoddball; 12-08-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Apology

I would like to apologize to members of 3D print board for this exchange getting out of hand, and more so being in YOUR thread. I DO NOT, WILL NOT EVER apologize to DesignerRants, his original reaction was completely out of line, and over reaction....I could go on, but in the interest of time, and ethics I will stop at that.

There are several ways this entire episode could have been prevented, our own staff failed, not just me. Myself, I ONLY apologize to you members that had to deal with this, all of my statements stand.

This type of reaction to ANYBODY'S post is out of line, and trivial to "report", it happened, lets get over it.

I do not feel that just because I am a moderator, I should be held to any higher standard than any other member. Rules are rules, how is it that rules are different, more so for a moderator than a regular member? I'm sure many of you disagree with me, well that is part of the forum thing. If you are so extremely upset, report me, as I have had already.

Actaully I'm kind of proud to be the FIRST ever reported, and I received the honor TWICE from the same member. It makes the honor even greater since it was such a trivial "word" thing to start with. However, I do want to clarify that accuracy in your words is VERY important, especially when dealing with something technical.

If DesignerRants is that thin skinned as to go off on me for a minor correction, then he has deeper issues than my post.
    EDIT; PROUD to be an"asswipe" !
    Last edited by Vanguard; 12-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12