Close

Filament not sticking to bed (newbie)

I'm very new to 3d printing and have a Flashforge Creator Pro and only have around 6 prints under my belt. It was going great until the filament stopped sticking to the bed out of nowhere. Every time the filament just comes right off the bed and messes up the whole print. After a little bit, however, the print starts working and the filament sticks but the filament that didn't stick already ruined it. I'm sure that theres a super good easy thing that I'm missing but I'm really confused as to why this is happening and if anyone has a fix it I would be very grateful. (I attached some images of what I'm trying to print and the result that comes out)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by piecewise; 03-16-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    level the bed.
    Use dimafix or magigoo on the bed.

But basically bed levelling is the main issue.

Also if using pla set the bed temperature to 65c

I know they recommend 50c - but 65c is much much better for adhesion.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I try not to recommend and only state what works for my 3D Printer. Sometime I will state that the temperatures could be + or - from what is stated.

This is so hard to do because every one has different parts, hot-bed surface and hot-bed heater, hot-end, filament, parts cooling fans ect.....

T1.jpg
    See in the image above, could not get the PLA to stick to this Bed surface so I placed adhesive transfer paper on the bed surface and printed.

The PLA stuck to the Adhesive backed paper and did not warp. Picture was taken in mid print releasing the corner of the transfer paper.

Then I use a chinese bed surface that I get 5 - 300mmX300mmand cut to fit for 27 dollars US works great no complaints.

I find my Dreamer bed ( same ) is TOO sticky if anything.... It takes a LOT of effort to get anything off of it. Especially if it has a large flat surface and is printed without a raft... I'd guess leveling is the problem also, even though you already have more hours on the printer than I do.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by cj7hawk View Post
    I find my Dreamer bed ( same ) is TOO sticky if anything.... It takes a LOT of effort to get anything off of it. Especially if it has a large flat surface and is printed without a raft... I'd guess leveling is the problem also, even though you already have more hours on the printer than I do.
    In cases where the filament sticks too securely raise the nozzle slightly so as to have less adhesion.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I have noticed that in the latest version of flashprint - that I installed last night on my new machine.
    You can now adjust a thing called 'z compensation.

Haven't tried it - but given that the external and internal settings change the gaps between 'jointed parts' Can't imagine what else the z-compensation might do.