Close

Question Why does my print look like this?

Like above. Why does my print look like this? What causes these diagonal lines?
    Spec:
    • Creality3D Ender-3 pro
    • Easy PLA Fiberlogy 1.75 mm
    • Ultimate Cure 4.4.1 (Profile: Standard Quality)
    • Nozzle temp: 210C
    • Bed temp: 60C
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the top of the print it tells me that you have under extrusion. From the tiny gaps in between the gaps from line to line. From the wave on the side tells me that you have loose belts, loose pulleys, wobbly frame.From the last picture bad filament shows up the most.Steps to fix1 Check belt tension and pully set screws for tightness.2 Calibrate flow rate with a test cube not a full print cube. 10mm test cube with single wall. Have calipers checking wall thinckness vs model predicted thickness and change extruder flow rate or steps per mm so that it ends up matching.3 Last picture really looks like you have bad filament. But you can ballpark your setup with bad filament which is why I left this step to last.If you get steps one and two dialed in you can play with temps for that filament to get it even closer and then try a different filament. If the filament is old I would go directly to an unopened filament first.First thing I saw wast the waves and the lip on each cornere right before the head changes direction and the little bump. That tells me that the belts are loose. or that you have a really high jerk setting. But seeing as i'm seeing the lips in the middle of the print I'm leaning more towards loose belts, pulleys, or a wobbly frame(Not this one so much because i'm seeing on the axis direction change portions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    From the top of the print it tells me that you have under extrusion. From the tiny gaps in between the gaps from line to line. From the wave on the side tells me that you have loose belts, loose pulleys, wobbly frame.From the last picture bad filament shows up the most.Steps to fix1 Check belt tension and pully set screws for tightness.2 Calibrate flow rate with a test cube not a full print cube. 10mm test cube with single wall. Have calipers checking wall thinckness vs model predicted thickness and change extruder flow rate or steps per mm so that it ends up matching.3 Last picture really looks like you have bad filament. But you can ballpark your setup with bad filament which is why I left this step to last.If you get steps one and two dialed in you can play with temps for that filament to get it even closer and then try a different filament. If the filament is old I would go directly to an unopened filament first.First thing I saw wast the waves and the lip on each cornere right before the head changes direction and the little bump. That tells me that the belts are loose. or that you have a really high jerk setting. But seeing as i'm seeing the lips in the middle of the print I'm leaning more towards loose belts, pulleys, or a wobbly frame(Not this one so much because i'm seeing on the axis direction change portions.
    Thanks for response. I'ill try your suggestions.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    When I look at the image showing the letter Z I see a rectangle, this tells me the you should measure your test cube.
    And do a calibration for your steps.

https://all3dp.com/2/how-to-calibrat...ply-explained/

Have you had any luck with the suggestions? Or was I just way off?