Close

Creator Pro vs the Dreamer in design.

I was watching a youtube video of a guy un-boxing a Dreamer and I thought wow, it looks like a microwave oven. Would even look good in the kitchen.

So why the difference in the designs, or is it possible all of FlashForge will start going the modern look, or is it the Creator and Dreamers is defining a split?

Dreamer does look cool, but I'm still planning on getting the Pro.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    With the plastic build plate platform on the Dreamer I wouldn't touch it. The platform is very stiff when cool but turns to mush when the chamber is heated. The pro has an updated build plat platform and Zaxis which is much beefier. I am actually installing it on my Creator X along with the cover for the Pro. This mechanically updates the X to a Pro. There are some minor electrical and software differences still though. None really affect the performance like the platform and z axis does.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    With the plastic build plate platform on the Dreamer I wouldn't touch it. The platform is very stiff when cool but turns to mush when the chamber is heated. The pro has an updated build plat platform and Zaxis which is much beefier. I am actually installing it on my Creator X along with the cover for the Pro. This mechanically updates the X to a Pro. There are some minor electrical and software differences still though. None really affect the performance like the platform and z axis does.
    Hi jfkansas,

The Dreamer shares the same alloy build plate platform as the Pro -- no build platform deformation ensured!

I'm actually playing around with a Dreamer right now. Going to do my first Wi-Fi print later. Totally stoked!
    Need immediate assistance? Please give us a call at toll-free 1.855.243.9838 / international: 1.626.322.3855 M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm PST | E-mail: supports@flashforge-usa.com | FlashForge YouTube Channel

I was just wondering about the two different cases their housed in, rather than their internal parts. Will the old Creator be phased out for the new microwave look?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I am referring to the support that holds the Build plate. The pictures showed it was the same as the Creator X. The pro doesn't use an alloy build plate support. It is a heavy gauge stamped steel. Unless they have changed the dreamer over to the new style....

No help to me then.