Close

what am I doing wrong!!!!

Greetings again gentlepersons.
    may I ask a favour
    this is kinda where I would like to get to...

this is where I actually do get to (twice, I'm a slow learner)....

...... the start of the birds nest

it appears to me the support structure is being built on one side but does not carry through to the other side of the model.
    Am using REP G on a FFCX pro.
    would one of our learned persons be able to tell me what I have done wrong when drawing this up in 123D design???

happy to send file, I can be contacted at steveed60 AT(and you know what to do with AT (@))gmail.com

Guyz , I have looked at a number of different forums during my time surfing the net.. aviation, gold prospecting, cars, metal detecting, for example, And may I say, this one is out standing,I have noticed, as it treats each and every member with respect. for what its worth may I say .. well done..
    eagerly awaiting your thoughts on this pressing matter...
    with thanks...
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevekr2; 06-29-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekr2 View Post
    Greetings again gentlepersons.
    may I ask a favour
    this is kinda where I would like to get to...

this is where I actually do get to (twice, I'm a slow learner)....

...... the start of the birds nest

it appears to me the support structure is being built on one side but does not carry through to the other side of the model.
    Am using REP G on a FFCX pro.
    would one of our learned persons be able to tell me what I have done wrong when drawing this up in 123D design???

happy to send file, I can be contacted at steveed60 AT(and you know what to do with AT (@))gmail.com

Guyz , I have looked at a number of different forums during my time surfing the net.. aviation, gold prospecting, cars, metal detecting, for example, And may I say, this one is out standing,I have noticed, as it treats each and every member with respect. for what its worth may I say .. well done..
    eagerly awaiting your thoughts on this pressing matter...
    with thanks...
    Steve
    It's tough to see looking at the images, if you send me the STL in a PM I can fix it for you and tell you what I did to fix it.

Student
    I no longer use Replicator G (I'd highly recommend Slic3r/GPX and upgrading the firmware to Sailfish), but what I generally do before committing to a print is check the GCode to try to spot slicing issues (to avoid potentially wasting plastic / time).

I find http://gcode.ws/ an easy and quick way of doing this. Use the sliders to check the various layers, and change your slicing parameters (I'm not sure how to do this on RepG with Skienforge unfortunately) to attempt to fix it if you spot any errors.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Steve sorry mate, got held up doing some work off the farm,

This prints ok in makerware, and not replicatorg, but I found on the side after being fixed in netfab it sliced ok.