Close

Ender 3 BLTouch, Bad Bad printings

Hi all,

Last week i am strangling to make my Ender 3 printer to print well after my decision (stupid?) to install a BLTouch. Before that i used to have relatively good results (i suppose since i am new on 3d printing) but after the BL touch installation most of my prints fails.

I use PLA at 205-210 and bed at 55-60 Celsius. I tried first to do a manual bed leveling in order to be as closer as i could, after i entered the z-offset and i am doing G28 and G29 before every print. I printed a first layer pattern and i adjusted even more the Z-Offset till i liked the result. But the initial pattern was not too big, 5x5cm in the center of the bed. Also i used bed visualizer of Octoprint to check my bed leveling and adjusted my bed as much as possible. Now gives values at 9 point between -0,01 to +0,15. Unfortunately it seems that i have a warp on the middle left edge and cannot make it better.

When i tried to print something it fails from the very beginning. Seems that the filament was not glued enough and the nozzle grabs it and creates a mesh after.

I printed after a 10x10 pattern to check it. It was glued ok but still the down right corner was unglued a little bit and at the end was kind of warped. Also some waves are visible in a big part of my pattern.

I include a photo to have an idea. Any suggestions i will appreciate because i spent tenths of hours leading nowhere!!!

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

bltouch works great for me. try setting it to probe 25 spots instead of 9 in your firmware, then yes, it's just fine tuning the manual level and z offset, then it should be good. (I'm using Cheetah 5.0 firmware)
    also worth checking out the ender 3 modding community group on FB for more specific advice

@Hayoz. Thanks for the advise!Today i changed my firmware to TH3D and after some Z Offset corrections seems to be better. Not as i would like to be but much better. I will try to change also the stock print surface because this is not the flattest one. I think it will help.
    PS: I do not have FB.