Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When a part is very stuck it is much easier and creates less damage to use a cake icing spatula to "Smack" the part right at the build plate with the edge of the spatula blade. For tall items I use the wooden handle end to smack the top of the part. This won't work well for toys and figures, but for mechanical parts it works very well. If you are using glue can can also remove the glass from the printer and run it under hot water.. the glue dissolves and the part comes off. Too stuck normally means your first layer is too compressed and starting Z offset is not set correctly for your current layer height.

Technologist
    How in say Cura 4.4.1 OR 4.5 do I adjust Z first layer setting?

No Idea.. S3d and Prusaslicer both have a Z offset setting.. I do it in my particular printers firmware with a M206 from the terminal..

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce19 View Post
    How in say Cura 4.4.1 OR 4.5 do I adjust Z first layer setting?
    Ok there are a few different ways of adjusting this. First, you can get a lot of adjustments in the print settings menu by setting visibility for the initial layer. To do this open Cura and go to the settings tab and scroll down to “Configure setting visibility”. Once there just check the boxes with the settings you want.

There is also marlin settings that are designed for this depending on what machine you have. On a Prusa MK3 it’s as simple as holding down (or maybe double clicking) the scroll wheel and that takes you into the live Z adjust menu. This allows you to adjust the z height on the fly. It’s a very useful tool if you are trying to get first layer settings right. There is usually also a print height calibration setting which prints a test pattern and allows you to adjust z until you get the test print to look right.

Hope that helps.

Technologist
    Thank You When the print is ending, before I print the next print Ill look into that Z setting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12