Close

Ender 5 Plus issue, Z axis only moving down and the BLtouch always staying red

My Creality ender 5 plus, still has not produced its first fully successful model (after 2 months of ownership). When I try to do a small print the z axis would not move to the correct level. So I went to auto level the bed and it would only move the bed down (would only go up a few turns when finished a command). What makes it worse is when it reaches the bottom. One of the motors stops turning when I command it to move back up.

I am at a complete lose at what to do. Any suggestions would be very helpful (as I am pulling my hair out)

Thanks in advance.

Solved: Turns out its a loose wire on the BLtouch, which is creating havoc with the program for leveling the bed. Once the BLtouch is up and running all other issues are solved.

Hi, I am currently having the exact same issue (I am new to 3d printing, i can get it working without bltouch) can you specify how you fixed it in more detail than a loose wire? Thanks in advance

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The BLTouch has a 3 wire connector that is what drives the 'servo' or solenoid really. And then there is the 2 wire connector that operates the endstop. When a marlin running mainboard powers up with the bltouch within 30 or so seconds from turning on the power the firmware will run a self test routine on the BLTouch. If your is working now you can observe this function. It will drop the pin, then pick it back up and repeat and if all goes well it will turn off the red light. While it operates the 3 pin control the mainboard is checking the state of the endstop. This knowledge is diagnostic gold for understanding failures. When you turn the power on if the pin never drops or moves then there is a problem with the control side of the bltouch. This could be a bad bltouch assembly but most likely will always be a problem with the 3 pin wires. If the pin drops and then the red light still flashes then we either have a bad bltouch assembly but most likely need to check the wiring to the endstop connector. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !!!!