Close

Smile New and need help please on slicing

Hi, can anyone help me with a question. I am new to 3d printing and going to buy a Peopoly Phenom (any feedback would be great on printer). The model I'm going to print is too large and so needs to be sliced into smaller pieces. Slicing is no problem but I would like to digitally add locator pegs and holes to correctly align the parts when assembled. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so which software to use?Thank you for your help, if there is anything I can do to help anyone here, I'll be glad to help.Kind regardsSharon

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon29 View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me with a question. I am new to 3d printing and going to buy a Peopoly Phenom (any feedback would be great on printer). The model I'm going to print is too large and so needs to be sliced into smaller pieces. Slicing is no problem but I would like to digitally add locator pegs and holes to correctly align the parts when assembled. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so which software to use?Thank you for your help, if there is anything I can do to help anyone here, I'll be glad to help.Kind regardsSharon
    Meshmixer is free software that can help you do stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    Meshmixer is free software that can help you do stuff like that.
    You are a wonderful person, Ive been looking at Meshmixer but but I couldn't see anyhow to add male pegs and female locaters to the ends of the slices? Am I wrong?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I think luban will split models into sections and also add connectors. Plus it's free for the firt 30 days :-)
    https://www.luban3d.com/