Close

Exclamation Firmware issues on a Delta printer.

Sorry for not being specific about the printer model, the issue is exactly that!

A friend of mine got me his "broken" printer, in which someone tried to update the firmware but apparently messed it up big time, and when we contacted Delta, the manufacturer, they wanted to charge us 1000 USD just for the firmware file, and that absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

So, the situation is that the printer is currently bricked, and since the manual was long lost we have no way of fixing it.

What I wanted to ask is if anyone here has had a similar problem, and how did you guys fix it? I will attach pictures of of the printer and its control board, maybe someone has seen a similar printer and has the firmware files?

Thanks in advance, I really want to put this thing to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    If you are unable to locate or otherwise identify the model and acquire the firmware, you could consider to identify a suitable controller replacement, install and configure from the ground up and return the printer to operation. I understand that delta printers have a lot of thinking compared to cartesian types, so look for a 32 bit board for your replacement. you'll find that there are a number of useful resources, such as https://openbuilds.com/ for such projects.