Close

Threaded View

Sorry, another new "which printer", need opinions

Greeting folks,
    Don't want to construct a 2 page boring post about "which printer" but i'll try to keep this quick, simple and on point. I'm new to 3D printing. Bottom line out of all the research i've done on a potential new purchased item, 3D printers is by FAR the most confusing and inconclusive as to what exactly will suit my needs. I STILL don't know what model suits me best. My quick hits:

My quick background : CNC Machinist , knowledgable with Solidworks , Autocad Inventor , Mastercam . Advanced mechanical skills, hobbies are 1/5 scale gas RC's , guns , and motorcycles. Been an advanced tinkerer for the past 35+ years. I'm a novice with the "soft" end of electronics and software formatting on computers .

My prioritized printer needs.

1) 250+mm cubed is about perfect. Budget $650ish ,

2) heated bed, and the capability for producing Nylon parts down the road after I gain experience

3) Easily upgradable with better components as my experience grows.

4) easily available replacement / spare parts support. I'm going to make mistakes, going to break things, and want parts easily purchased and available.

5) I would have no problem with purchasing a quality un-assembled "kit"

So after a week of research and watching vids, I seem to keep coming back to the Creality CR-10 models ? I think the CR-10 V2 is best but I also like the CR-10S Pro , but i'm reading a lot of negatives with respect to the poor "auto level" system . Not sure the Pro would be a good choice for me where i'm new. I would love your opinions on a purchase, by all means suggest another brand/ model and thanks so much in advance for your help !

The CR-10 V2
    https://www.creality3d.shop/collecti...-v2-3d-printer

CR-10S Pro
    https://www.creality3d.shop/collecti...400-3d-printer
    Last edited by Road_Clam; 02-16-2020 at 09:05 AM.