Close

Question Test print setting optimization tool?

Hello printers and makers!

I am looking for feedback on a print setting optimization tool our team has developed. (What worked, what could've worked better, your overall experience etc.)

The tool works by generating tests where 1 or more range of settings (e.g speed vs temperature or layer height etc.). In every next test, the determined values from the previous one are used. More or less in 12 tests (that's the full testing procedure where you pinpoint temperature, retraction, layer height, speed etc.) you can go from unknown settings to precise settings for the material & machine. (below pictured a retraction distance test)
    fabcontrol guesswork2.jpg

We're currently in open beta until end of march. If you test the software and have insights on how to improve it, I think we can manage to extend the license. The core tests however will be free for everyone for unlimited time. You can learn more about the tool at https://3doptimizer.com/ , to sign up for beta testing, you can go to the upper right corner of the page. Once you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email.

fb_nyl1.jpgfb_nyl2.jpg

Downloadable slicer profiles are supported for Prusaslicer, Simplify3D and Cura (fixing some smaller issues regarding Cura profile generation).
    We have a list of preset machine definitions, altough you can add your own printer as well.

Please do note that in the test codes generated the hotend will go down, so please make sure you don't currently use custom print start heights. (custom z ofsets etc.)

If you have any questions, concerns, criticism - I'd be glad to hear it.
    -All the best, Kriss

Heres a video explaining how it works: