Close

Begginer, need advice

So i just got my ender 3 pro over the weekend. Ran a few prints using cura, and everything seemed to be working good with the filament provided. I bought some Overture PETG, on accident, and tried running with it, never got a print to work. So I returned that stuff and got Overture PLA this time...shew. I also upgraded my extrusion mechanism from the original plastic to the grey metal one, with the blue capricorn PTFE tubing. Along with that, i replaced the bed springs. I added a couple pictures. 1 you can see is just horrible, and the the one that looks decent is what i created and printed the day i got the printer. Sorry, it's purdue...LOL....if anyone can give me some insight on this i would greatly appreciate it. If there is a way to grab all the settings from cura let me know, and i will capture the settings and share.Thank you in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

i should mention that have ran the bed levling several times using Ender-3_Bed-leveling_procedure

Hi!

On the purple print, it could be that the printbed is not in level. One side of the badge looks a bit too high. Also, at what temperatures / speed are you printing?

I have tried several temps. 200/60....210/60...same temps with bed at 50 instead of 60. Print speed has been set at 50

i just recieved the glass plate for it as well. I will try some more printing after i level it here....hope it works.

You can also try to reduce speed for the first layer. Most slicers have this options, so try to print the first layer at 25mm/s for example and the rest at 50mm/s. Also, if you have trouble getting smaller parts, you can try to print a huge rectangle outline (some 2 perimeters) to better see where the bed

Hi!

On the purple print, it could be that the printbed is not in level. One side of the badge looks a bit too high. Also, at what temperatures / speed are you printing?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Pink View Post
    So i just got my ender 3 pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Pink View Post
    If there is a way to grab all the settings from cura let me know, and i will capture the settings and share.Thank you in advance
    Setting up the Slicer is almost as important as the 3D Printer Firmware itself.
    I find looking at everyone's slicers settings help me greatly in setting up my own.

Saving your slicers settings is as simple as clicking on File Menu "saving profile" in the older Cura

OR

Clicking on Settings "Profile", "Manage Profiles", Select Profile and Export in Newer Version of Cura.

Thank you all for the comments. After tinkering with it....lots of videos, bltouch install, glass build plate I have had several good prints now. Still.a little issue with sticking to the bed, but I have been using the raft to help with that issue. Will be trying the hairspray or glue to reduce the filament waste. I am also going to be upgrading the main board. I will post more after that install here in a week or so. I will add some pictures of my prints shortly

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I also find that cleaning the Bed with isopropyl alcohol help me greatly in keeping good 1st layer adhesion with my bed material.