Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

600 bulks in my hands now,looking for a reliable FDM 3D printers, any recommanded?

Good day, I’m an ordinary junior from Nigeria. Due to the needs of university courses, I plan to purchase an FDM3D printer recently, but my budget is not very sufficient, only $ 600. Friends around me recommend me to buy FlashForge Dreamer XY, until A few days ago I learned from the news of a blockbuster. Creality is about to launch an FDM3D printer in February. It's said that it is an ivory white printer with a closed structure. Now,could anyone tell me which one should I choose?Or does anyone have a better recommanded?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    flashforge over creality any day.

are you specifically looking for an enclosed printer? I have 2 printers, neither one came enclosed. Unlike AArdvark, I like my Creality Ender 3 Pro. Yes there is a lot of maintenance and fiddling, but I like learning this stuff. My second printer is an Artillery Sidewinder X1. That one has had very little maintenance (I've replaced 1 clogged nozzle and 1 clogged tube) and has given me good results. Have not tried flashforge personally, but if you want enclosed, it is likely to have less maintenance than the creality printer, if you don't need it enclosed, or can make your own enclosure, take a look at Artillery Sidewinder X1 and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    are you specifically looking for an enclosed printer? I have 2 printers, neither one came enclosed. Unlike AArdvark, I like my Creality Ender 3 Pro. Yes there is a lot of maintenance and fiddling, but I like learning this stuff. My second printer is an Artillery Sidewinder X1. That one has had very little maintenance (I've replaced 1 clogged nozzle and 1 clogged tube) and has given me good results. Have not tried flashforge personally, but if you want enclosed, it is likely to have less maintenance than the creality printer, if you don't need it enclosed, or can make your own enclosure, take a look at Artillery Sidewinder X1 and see what you think.

I am a about to purchase a 3d printer. I have settled in on the Artillery Sidewinder.

LOL. You must be a fan of Flashforge,which Flashforge models do you recommanded?

LOL,Thanks for your reply and sincere suggestions?I did not require a printer with a closed structure, but I strongly need a printer with resume printing function and filament runout sensor, because I am a novice, these two functions can greatly reduce the difficulty of getting started?

Does creality ender-3 have so many flaws? I have classmates that use the printers and told me that their experience is pretty nice.

both the ender 3 and the sidewinder x1 have resume printing, the sidewinder has filament runout, the ender it can be added with some effort. yes, you will have issues with the ender, but that's a great way, IMO, to learn about printers and printing. the sidewinder x1 will have you printing almost right away with very little maintenance

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I wouldn't personally bother with a filament run out sensor.
    In over 6 years with 5 printers I have never run out of filament.

The slicer tells you how much filament you will use, just make sure you have enough - job done.

And yes the ender 3 is that bad.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Thought I would add my opinion, It is true in the 3 years that I have had my 3D Printers I have also never run out of filament.

However have had the filament break during the printing of a model for what ever reason the filament broke. Initially this was the reason adding this simple run-out switch to determine if the filament had run-out or broke was added to my 3D Printers...

Though if you have a few rolls of almost empty filament you could print multicolored models to use up these filament rolls effectively.

Willing to buy

Quote Originally Posted by MAKEITOUTOFWOOD View Post
    I am a about to purchase a 3d printer. I have settled in on the Artillery Sidewinder.
    Did you found any good model, I am also willing to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast