Close

Student

Printing long tube with TPU and getting jagged seam

Just got an Ender 3 pro printer and made a few things with the sample PLA everything went smooth. I've ordered more PLA but at the moment all that I have is a roll of PETG and TPU. The PETG I had issues with and decided to leave that be for now until I get more experience. I managed to make an antenna housing STL using Fusion and got it to print with TPU. First print made it about 75% and then made just a lump of plastic at the top. Of course I was just using stock PLA settings. I read tips on line and adjusted a few settings and then it managed to print the entire thing. I'd like to clean it up... there is a jagged edge on one side where the printer goes in a circle to make the wall of the tube and sometimes it stops and goes the other way around. The finished tube has a jagged seam. I would think if the print head just kept going in the same direction that it would not create this seam but I have no idea what to change or if it can be done. Does the drawing need to be changed somehow? Printer settings? or something else?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you need to set the layer start point to 'random' in the slicer.

The z seam is when the pribnter is set to start each layer at the same point :-)