Close

Creality CR-10 V2 Hot-End upgrade

Hey guys. Is there a more or less drop-in all metal extruder for the Creality CR-10 v2? I'm looking at buying a new printer soon and would like to print some more exotic materials. I'm torn between the Prusa i3 Mk3s and the Creality Cr-10 v2. They advertise the Cr-10 v2 as having an all metal hot end, but the ptfe tube apparently runs all the way through it. I've also heard that it's almost (completely?) identical to the e3d v6 hot end, outer appearance wise. Does that mean I can just swap it out for a e3d v6? I've had tremendous difficulty finding any information like this for the v2. Everything that pops up is seemingly for the cr-10/cr-10s. I've seen a video on youtube showing how to install a hemera, but it's a pretty serious affair. If that's the level of complication that I'm looking at regardless, I'd rather just go with the Prusa i3 mk3s despite its smaller print size. Sorry for the noob-ish question. I just don't want to make a stupid mistake and break a brand new printer.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi, I've read that putting an E3D nozzle on Creality CR-10S Pro V2 is possible and only requires a simple recalibration because the nozzle got 0.5mm taller.
    Can anyone confirm?