Close

Your best method of bonding 3D printed PLA objects together

What do you guys do? I've thought about hot glue, I've thought about crazy glue, I've thought about a solder iron. What works best for you when you want to join 2 3D printed objects made of PLA together?

Engineer
    hot glue is for your kids arts and crafts. it has zero strength. superglue is better but not great either. to really bond pla into a single piece it should be solvent welded. go right on amazon and order yourself a small bottle of weld-on #4. get the kit with the needle applicator bottle. you will need one. its not an adhesive, just a solvent (methylene chloride) which melts the plastic together.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I used gorilla glue 2-part epoxy. I figure if the epoxied parts can hold together while being whipped around on my DJI Phantom for hours at a time, six days a week, it'll work for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    go right on amazon and order yourself a small bottle of weld-on #4. get the kit with the needle applicator bottle. you will need one. its not an adhesive, just a solvent (methylene chloride) which melts the plastic together.
    I'm like 98% in agreement. eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200763597270...84.m1439.l2649

And a quick visit to Walmart's pharmacy to get syringes. Methylene Chloride is a carcinogen. Do not get this stuff on you or breath the fumes. This stuff is great for what ever problem you have with PLA. If you think acetone is good on ABS, You haven't played with Methylene Chloride on PLA.