Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Manufacturing Or Fabrication

Whatever you want to call it, I am an absolute fool for it. 3D printing is an introduction to CNC. And I love it because it teaches me all the fundamentals of working with CNC but without the mess. Sadly I have fallen short of achieving any type of a facility to house a mill or lathe of any kind. So I feel as though this can never grow past plastic. And with the realization that there is no real money to be made with my 3d printers I am gonna just focus on honing other skills, now. Like welding. I have a few decades now under my belt playing with the MIG welder and have made some cool stuff: https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...ring-gto.3135/ . And that paid me dearly, BTW. So it is with this knowledge of the ratio of what I have made working with the metals vs. what I haven't made working with the plastics that is driving me from playing with the printers to learning to TIG weld. And so Off the deep end I go, right? What do you guys think of my first TIG welder? https://primeweld.com/products/tig-2...-dc-tig-welder

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    And here is my new TIG welder perched atop my toolbox, the PrimeWeld Tig225x..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I still have to get one of the MIG welder's tanks switched out with pure argon. But this right here makes money hand over fist..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    And here is my new Plasma cutter. Because what good is being able to attach the stainless and aluminum and other metals if we cant cut it into pieces, right?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    This portable welding station is just missing consumables. Pure argon and filler rods..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I feel that I now need to build the MPCNC for some CNC plasma cutting.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - you're like a kid in a candy shop !

cnc plasma cutter could be much fun :-)

Everytime they have the little rod welders in lidl I think about it.
    But the toys I have aren't paying their way, and I've got nowhere to weld and dogs.
    :-)

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Looks impressive. And interesting!

I have been seriously wanting to learn to weld for almost 10 years, but never got to enrolling in a course.
    Then if I would be welding for customers, it would need to be quality work.
    How much time do you think you need to get good at this?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well, I personally have 20 years of welding experience on a near daily basis as I started my career at a muffler shop. The brunt of my experience is with MIG but I have some experience with stick welding and a plethora of experience with a soldering iron. I expect to spend a few hours while I get the feel for it.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Speaking of welding, Have you guys seen this 525hp 6-speed Flyin' Miata i have been building on? I am done building and have it on the dyno right now: https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...da-miata.9454/
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 01-29-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast