Close

Five minutes of your opinion about 3D printing platforms please!

Dear 3D printing community,

thanks for having me! Sadly I don't have a 3D printer yet (poor student), but the interest on the topic is definitly there. That's why I made 3D printing and 3D printing platforms a part of my master thesis and I would be very glad if you could spend five minutes for giving me your expert opinions here, it would complete my research of six months: https://forms.gle/6GHC829EmrN9sghy9.

Thank you all so much and keep on printin'!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol well that didn't last long.
    no form there :-)

Yeah sorry I had to change some things due to changed context, but now it is up and running again, thanks for your time!

I answered with a 1 for the question: ') If the platform offers me search requests tailored to my interests, I will be excited'
    As I have yet to come across an algorithm that does this correctly. What usually happens is that it just doesn't show things you want to see.

So any 'intelligent or autonomous' filter is invariably a negative aspect to any application.

Interesting objection! I've picked up this factor because respondents of another platform (about wine) said they liked the personally cut-down search opportunity. So maybe it's a chance for 3D platforms to further develop or a taboo, because the product is too complex to become perfectly personalizable?

nope it's something I object to on ALL platforms.

It's usually used as a way to push things at you that you don't necessarily want but the platform owner wants you to see.

The very worst is doen by facebook who refuse to even give you the settings to switch it off.
    Then there's amazon, who offer you 15 alternatives to something you've just bought - despite the fact you've just bought one.

Let people make up their own minds - unless, of course you ARE peddling paid for listings to the designers - in which case this is the means by which you push the paid for listinbgs over unpaid for listings.