Close

[Problem] Ender 3 Pro Z-Axis not moving while Autohome

Hi I found this forum here while I was looking for a solution for my problem.

I own a Ender 3 Pro with a Cheetah 1.2a silent board, BLTouch V3.1 (not a clone) and Marling Bugfix 2.0.x. I was designing a case for the motherboard so I can store it on the backside of the printer. So far the printer was printing absolutly fine without any issues. So yesterday I cut of the protruding PINs for the display cable on the back of the motherboard.
    They've disturbed the fit of the new case. I wasn't able the use the wheel on my LCD so I had to fix one cold join with a soldering iron.

After placing the printer on the shelf back I wanted to start a new print but recognized that the printer is doing everything beside of moving down my Z-axis while autohoming.
    I tried everything out from flashing Marlin again on the board, checking all the connections and wirings especially for Z-motor and BLTouch. Everything is like it is before.
    I can heat the bed, I can move X and Y axis, LCD is working fine, I can also move the Z-axis manually up and down BEFORE autohoming and error.

I really don't know why. I can't image that it has something to do with cutting off the protruding PINs on the back.
    I attached a photo and a video. Maybe you guys have some idea. I don't think that the board is broken but I'm not sure anymore. Because I wasn't able to fix it after hours.

Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It appear that it thinks it is already at a Z-Axis of zero, this could be why it will not travel down.

Check to see is a M119 says that the BL-Touch is already sensing that you are at Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    It appear that it thinks it is already at a Z-Axis of zero, this could be why it will not travel down.Check to see is a M119 says that the BL-Touch is already sensing that you are at Zero.

I did. It says the thing below

[...]
    Send: M119
    [...]
    Recv: Reporting endstop status
    Recv: x_min: open
    Recv: y_min: open
    Recv: z_min: TRIGGERED
    Recv: ok
    [...]

I read several topic on the internet about this issue but can't figure out a working solution.I never changed any wiring of my BLTouch neither changed something in Marlin. It worked like a charm before cutting of the PINs on the backside.I don't understand. I'm really frustraded about this right now.