Close

3D Printing issue - using a Creality Ender 5 Plus

Hi Fellow PrintersI am new to 3D printing and got myself a Creality Ender 5 Plus due to its volume size, and good reviews.Currently I still have not been able to print my first model due to the distance between the nozzle and the print bed, and have some questions which if I can find the answers I hope to get my printer going:Current problem seems to be that the print bed leveling:So my questions are:1)How far away should the print nozzle be from the bed for PLA?2)The BL touch when doing a auto bed leveling always levels the bed with a 2 mm gap from the nozzle, is there any way to fix that?Any other suggestions to help a beginner get started.
    Last edited by loadedphp; 01-11-2020 at 06:23 PM.

first, manually level the bed using the printer paper method. second, set your z offset for the bltouch accordingly in your menus, don't forget to save the new setting

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never measured, but around 0.1-0.2mm would seem about right.
    I use 90gsm paper.

Sounds like your bltouch might not be fitted right, can you adjust how it's fixed to the print head.

Got my fingers crossed of the ender 5 - so far we've had very few people with problems with them.

Hi there, I recently bought a Creality Ender 5 Plus too, and only just got my first model successfully printed.

Regarding leveling the bed, first use a ruler and manually turn the 4 knobs at the bottom of the bed so that the bed is at a equal height to the cross bar that holds it. that way the BL touch is just doing the minimal alterations to the bed leveling.

Second when it does level the bed place a piece of paper (best double folded), and in the leveling setting use the Z axis controls to move the nozzle as close to the bed as possible without the paper being jammed between the nozzle and the bed (you should just feel the nozzle slightly when you move the paper, like a vibration).

If you plan to print the model Benchy, I suggest reducing the print speed by 50 which would give you 2 hours of print time but gets you started and then you can check and fine tune your printer further.

If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch.

I have a FF Dreamer and my calibration sheet is 0.19mm