Close

Question FlashForge Creator Pro: filament stops extruding part way through print

Hello! I am having a problem with my creator pro where the right extruder will suddenly stop extruding part way through each print. I am trying to use ABS. When this happens, I cannot remove the filament or push it through. I disassemble the extruder, but there doesn't appear to any physical jam. I have tried: updating to the latest firmware, completely disassembling and cleaning the extruder assembly with proper reassembly (filament will load and unload like normal after complete reassembly), replacing PTFE tube and extruder head, replacing the insulation wrap on the heating block, and lowering print speed. I have tried printing up to 250 extruder temp, but to no avail. I am out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any help.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I have a similiar problem with my original creator.
    It's currently on a shelf as I ran out of desk room for it anyway. But I 'think' it's most likely the stepper motor controller chip.
    Pretty sure they are a plug in module on the mighty boards.
    so try that.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I have a similiar problem with my original creator. It's currently on a shelf as I ran out of desk room for it anyway. But I 'think' it's most likely the stepper motor controller chip. Pretty sure they are a plug in module on the mighty boards. so try that.
    I tried swapping the control chips on the left and right extruders because the left was not having this problem and it didn't work :/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    then that's a puzzler :-(