Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I made a few short videos quickly displaying some of the features available now with the mainboard I am running. First is the neopixels. This just shows the neopixel power on self test..

Neopixels on my i3 - YouTube

And this is a video that shows what having a separate Z stepper driver for each Z motor can do. Automatic leveling of the gantry in relation to the bed with G34..

Dual Z Auto Align Geeetech i3 Pro B - YouTube

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that z auto align is pretty cool. :-)
    what bed probe are you using ?
    Or does it work with the sensorless homing ?

Also how many spare boards have you now got ?

I've got one of those cubes around somewhere.
    Yours looks pretty good, mine was just to see how fast i caould print one, think it was a touch under 2 hours.
    It's not as smooth as yours, but I doubt yours was printed at 150mm/s ;-)

Plus mine was pla - haven't played with petg on saffy.
    Buty it'd look like a spiders web on alexa. petg prints well,m just a bit stringy. Fortunately the strings file off really easy.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have a few SKR 1.4 Turbo's.

I have a TronXY mainboard with integrated drivers and touhscreen. Brand new. Never used. Still has wrap on the screen and plugs covering connectors

I have a BTT002 mainboard

I have plans for the BTT002. It is a mainboard specifically made to to be a direct upgrade to 32 bit for Prusa machines. It only has 4 stepper driver sockets but it has a very small form factor and it runs at the same 168mhz as the SKR Pro. So I was thinking about all my spare parts and I was thinking about building 'The Crane'

I have a 300x200 heat bed I was thinking about designing and printing a base to mount it sideways so it is only 200mm deep and 300mm wide. The base will mount the bed solid and mount the electronics under the bed along with 2 linear rails running the 300mm axis on the rear side and under the bed. Then building one arm to connect to the 2 rails and call that X. The arm will have Z on it and raise up the gantry that will move Y fore and aft.

This setup will be bowden only so there is no weight on the carriage and the good news there is I already have that part, too. A brand new TronXY hotend. Fully assembled and never used or even heated up.

BUT, I have promised myself I must finish my TronXY first.

So basically alarge prusa mini style machine ?

you do know that the only reason delta beds are round is because it's easier and gives the machine a smaller footprint.

But as long as your base is large enough and the arms are long enough (carbonfibre rod is cheap and comes in all thicknesses and lengths) - you can mount ANY shape bed on a delta.
    just saying :-)

Also if the big bee is actually running you can print your own extrusion, bolt rails to it and it'll be as good as aluminium :-)

Hell you could print the base and frame uprights in a single piece if you wanted to.
    Or two parts for extra height and rigidity.
    Now that would be interesting.
    magnetic couplers on the arms and effector (no clue why it's called that) for swap outability :-)

Or youi could build yet another I3 type machine. Come on it MUST be getting a bit boring by now ?

Quick diagram shows that a delta frame built for a 375mm circular base would print happily on a 200x300 rectangle.

And a base that size would easily fit on the big bee's bed :-)

A 2 part frame could give you around 700mm build height if you maxed it out.

A suspended extruder would work with existing kit.
    Or one of the new all-in-one lightweight extruding hotends would be my choice. slice engineering do some nice all-in-ones in your price range.
    Or https://www.amazon.com/Extruder-Extr...3377284&sr=8-9
    Not that cheap, but if the frame is only costing about $50 in filament and three rails - it's in my budget :-)

Anyway, it's an idea :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-05-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ya I want to play with one of them orbiter extruders. But this idea involves no money. I am thinking about a way to use my spare parts. And hopefully land with a printer I can sell for some cheese.

I have 4 neopixel leds left on the string from my other printers. Not much but I already have it along with extra 1000uf capacitors and 330ohm resistors so I can make a neopixel led and just maybe attach it to the hotend or its carriage.

I even have small lengths of PTFE tube and some capricorn. If my design only sees the hotend moving up and down the X then I likely even hae the right ptfe tube for my setup. I have a genuine titan aero and some titan clones I can mock up an extruder and the TronXY hotend.

Because the BTT002 uses them damn Prusa connectors on the mainboard I already hunted down all the stepper driver cables a long time ago and they are just sitting around. And I do have 4 stepper motors just sitting around. Only 1.8 degree but they are there.

I have plenty of pulleys and spare 6mm Gates fiber reinforced GT2 belt as well as other hardware.

I have a MKS tft32 v2.0 for a screen and a 500watt 24v power supply that came with the TronXY.

While the 300x200 aluminum heatbed is old and not exactly flat anymore, I can easily get a plate of glass for next to nothing.

I can build it, put Marlin 2.0.9.1 on it, get it printing nicely, sell it for as much as I can, and then share my designs on Thingiverse.

And my idea looks like this..

And the Delta build will get all the electronics and extruders and hotend from Printalicious. Once you better explain to me this 2 part frame and 700mm build height.

so the extruder arm moves on a track and the bed stays still ?

I guess that's both simpler than moving the bed and potentially more complex to make the crane move exactly parellel to the bed.
    Interesting. A bit like a cnc setup.

Okay I'll let you off - that's definitely an interesting project :-)

Um 'selling it' .
    You are aware that you will have to build it, stop upgrading it, make it print and then sell it ?
    Can you just finish a machine and let it go, without that 'one last tweak' ? ;-)

We'll have to see :-)

I'll do a quick model for what i was thinking about printing a delta frame complete in 2 pieces.
    I literally cannot draw things in 2d. My brain just doesn't seem to workj that way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234