Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

GEEETech i3 32bit Rework

I have had this printer for over 3 years now. It has seen waves of reworks already and has most of the good parts to include a genuine E3D titan aero, MKS genL mainboard, TMC2208 drivers, MKS tft32 touchscreen, MKS wifi module, 0.9 degree stepper motors everywhere but Z, a 24v power supply with matched heaters, an aluminum bed with proximity switch, and Gates fiber reinforced belts. Here is what all of that looks like assembled together..
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 12-22-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    This printer is limited to a 200mm cube and so I want to chase precision. Making small things accurately. And the only parts I think I am going to add here are a SKR 1.4 Turbo mainboard and 4 or 5 LV8729 stepper drivers all run at 1/128 micro stepping. Past that I want to move all wires to the backside of the frame and design and print some pieces to reinforce or brace the smooth rods. So far I have this piece designed that I will print and mirror and print and install under the Z stepper motors to add support to the threaded rods under the smooth rods for Y. This will keep the top of the frame from flexing forward or the front of Y from shifting to either side. I have designed this part to be a tight fit on the threaded rods..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have decided I want to print these parts in translucent blue PETG. And that spool isn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. So for now I will just keep designing the parts. I also wish to do a similar thing with the displays as what I did with my Black Widow rework. It would be cool to have a similar look to my printers. Get my own style going. So I am mounting the displays down low and leaned back at 45 degrees. voltage display from the buck lm2596 step down converter on the left and tft32 touchscreen on the right. I am integrating the display mount and a 20mm tall brace for the lower Z rods into the same part. I still have to produce the design for the right side. Here is my design for the left..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    And here my tft32 mount with lower z smooth rod support for the RH of the machine..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here are my frame supports printed and installed. I will reprint the part on the left before this is all said and done..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    This PETG really likes to stick to the build surface. So much so that some prints break just trying to release from the bed. maybe .1mm higher on the z offset might stop this from happening..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The z motor and mount needs to come off the frame for my supports to go on so I don't get the luxury of re printing that LH support piece later. So I fixed it now before it all goes together..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have got the frame back together with my new display mounts..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So I have made some more progress on this rework. And the new mainboards are in. SKR 1.4 TURBO. 32 bit controller run off a 24v power supply with 5 LV8729 stepper drivers. Oh man I cant wait to get all this together and wired..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    They are perfect for each other..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast