Close

Budget 3D Printer(200$)

Hello,Im currently looking for a 3D printer around 200$. Which one would you recommend? Im thinking either the Ender 3 Pro or the Tarantula Pro. Right now the Tarantula is cheaper. I've heared different things about both of them so im not sure which one is better. Would be great if anyone could explain or send me a reliable source of information!Thanks for your time!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd avoid them both.
    The anet a8 plus is about the best low budget i3 machine around. https://shop.anet3d.com/products/anet-a8-plus
    Not quite $200 - but close enough for an i3 with direct drive extruder, dual z axis motors and print bed side support rails.

And if i was willing to spend up to 300$ would that be any significant upgrade? I was thinking of the Ender 3 Pro because of upgradability Im an engineering student soon working with 3d printers in my job so i was thinking of getting some knowledge before i start

What about the Artillery X1 or the ender 5
    Last edited by domon; 12-16-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    It's only a 180mm cube build envelope and it is a bit more than $200 but I sure do wish this was my first printer. Only 3 pieces to assemble. All the great support from Prusa Research. They maintain their stuff. That is there are regular firmware and software updates. It has the magnetic textured flexible bed. There are nothing but upsides to this printer past the 180mm cube and price. Check it out: https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-print...aAi9OEALw_wcB#

Having a small printer that works great is far better than a large one that doesn't
    If I had someplace to put it I would buy a mini just to have a second printer I could set up to print TPU and leave it set up.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the artillery is a bowden extruder and central support.

There is absolutely NO reason for making an i3 style printer with a bowden extruder.
    It's just adding in complications that are totally unnecessary.

If you don't mind upgrading and twiddling - then start with something that will require the least major changes - at the moment the anet q8 plus is the ONLY budget I3 with all three of main i3 features josef prusa invented.

The socol01 is a good machine, great facebook group and a small company that actually do customer support.
    And despire promising me a machine to review - they never sent it - so if anything I ought to be biased against them :-)
    But I'm not lol

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The artillery is also a 32 bit controller, 3:1 gear reduction, silent TMC2209 drivers, and a color LCD display. The Prusa Mini is nothing less than what we should expect from Prusa Research. A reliable, high quality, easy to use and maintain printer.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 12-17-2019 at 06:09 PM.