Close

Engineer-in-Training

12" Heated Bed upgrade?

I have the 12v 12 inch heated bed and am having issues with some of my prints coming up from the glass bed (I use hairspray) towards the front. Indeed, as I feel the bed, it is much hotter at the rear than the front. Is there an upgrade for the bed that heats more evenly?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I have the 12v 12 inch heated bed and am having issues with some of my prints coming up from the glass bed (I use hairspray) towards the front. Indeed, as I feel the bed, it is much hotter at the rear than the front. Is there an upgrade for the bed that heats more evenly?
    I also noticed prints stuck better one side than the other but I have an IR camera. My bed has (from bottom up) 1/4" cork board on the bottom for insulation, sensor, silicon board with heater, glass plate, magnetic layer, then fulament spring steel PEI build surface. Pic is with the bed set to 110c and let normalize for 10 minutes to soak through the layers. The hot spot bottom right? that's 120c. The dark area top right, 75c. Left half, 105-110c.I don't know of any pre-packaged upgrades but it's certainly upgradable. I have a 120vac silicone hot pad I plan on using for mine one of these days. I already use an external SSR because the little omron relays, while adequate electrically aren't meant for the thermal environment near max temps (I had a couple melt, one unsoldered itself and dropped off LOL). The electrical specs are met but that's probably at room temp, not attached to a 100c printer plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images