Close

Cool Flashforge Creator Pro printing setup issue

Question, Printing on brand new Flashforge Creator Pro (NOVICE LEARNING), Using ABS on right extruder and PVA on left extruder for water soluable supports. How can i set the print bed to to accommodate both types of filament? The ABS is set to 110 on the bed but the PVA is saying up to 60 max is needed? how do i do this? Thank You Rob.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try 90 - 110 is too high for abs anyway.

alternatively use a 2 layer raft of abs so the pva never sticks directly to the bed.

Capture.JPGHi curious-aardvark,

Hi, My name is Miho Mihov, bridge engineer, live and work in Australia, new to 3D printing. Just joined this forum, hoping to learn more about 3D printing. Bought recently a FlashForge IDEX 3D printer Creator 3. I have questions about the slicing software FlashPrint. How do I post a new thread if I cannot find an answer within the forum? In the meantime, I find that FlashPrint slicer creates tree type supports which do not appear to be the most structurally efficient - often inclined straight from the base and forming a zig zag alignment even before the first branching off.

Is there a way to control this or is it normal and would not cause problems printing?

Thank you in advance.

Miho Mihov
    Last edited by Miho Mihov; 01-16-2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Isert a picture

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    There are - I believe - two options for support types.And you can also add them manually .I really don't use supports, I find it's a lot simpler simply to design items that print without needing support.Even with soluble supports, the area that was supported never looks quite 'right' to me.So far, in 9 years of designing original things to be 3d printed, u have yet to design a single thing that needed support s.The only time I've ever used them is when reverse engineering broken parts for household items. And even there you can often make a part that dies the same job and doesn't need supports.But pretty sure there are options for different types of support. I'll look when I'm back in the workshop.

Thank you very much. I understand that, if possible, supports should be avoided. I asked the question just in case I have to use supports - when it is practically unavoidable. I will do a few tests first. If necessary I will raise this with the Flashprint creators.

Best regards

Miho Mihov