Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

colorFabb now offers pellets of filament!

Seems like more and more filament manufacturers are realizing that if they don't begin offering specialized filament in pellet form, they may loose out to those that do. ColorFabb has announced today that they are beginning to offer their 3D printing materials in pellet form. The prices are a whole lot cheaper (50-70% off) traditional filament that the company offers. What do you guys think? Is this the future of filament.... where people buy pellets and then create their own filament with machines like the filabot or filastrooder?

Read more about this news at http://3dprint.com/7986/colorfabb-pellet-filament/

I don't know about the future of pellets versus filament but makes me glad I backed Strooder... Well, at least my wallet feels glad.

25euros for a kilo of pellets?

I like Colorfabb as it has quality products, but thats a bit much for pellets as you could buy em for 3 euro a kilo,
    Normaly you don't even need all pellets to have a color, if you have transparent pellets and a small percentage of color pellets it will just blend in, atleast thats how its done with molds.

There filament is precise and has quality, but i aint sure why there pellets would be that outstanding towards normal PLA or ABS or PET pellets you can buy for 10-15% the price?

I agree. Pellets are so cheap to get, Colorfabb is still markign this up extremely high. I guess you can't exactly get woodfill or bronzefill elsewhere though

Ye sure but Woodfill or Bronzefill arent like extremely exotic plastics,
    I mean with that they don't have so unique thing that can realy explain this price.

I rather buy my filament myself or cheaper pellets than this, for the 10 euros diffrence, It would take alot of pellets to get your money back of your machine and eletricity :P