Close

Engineer

McDonalds To start 3D Printing Happy Meal Toys

Wow, this is awesome. McDonalds seems to be on top of things. What a great marketing tactic as well as a boost for the 3D Printing market as a whole. Why a 3D Printer in McDonalds? Well this would allow them to offer literally thousands of different toys if they wanted to, and not have to stock any of them. I would assume this would have to be a pretty high tech printer, as multiple colors would be needed as well as speed. Who wants to wait half an hour for their Happy meal. After all it's called Fast food. Should be interesting

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdon...inters-2013-11

Wow... amazing.

But I'm not sure they will print everytime. Like the burger, they will have some already ready

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

McDonalds is Considering in store 3D Printers for Toys

Great idea in my opinion. Instead of having to ship thousands of toys to each store, instead each store will have a 3D printer in which they print their own toys.

McDonald’s Happy Meal toys have been a staple of the restaurant chain for quite a long time. But the company that has served billions upon billions of burgers to the public may be considering using 3D printers inside of its stores in order to create those very toys that children go crazy over with each visit.
    McDonald’s UK IT director Mark Fabes has showed interest in the technology and is looking into potential applications of 3D printing, one of which would be to create Happy Meal toys on the spot whenever they’re needed. Unfortunately, this hasn’t gone any farther than Fabes saying he’s interested in the technology as his remarks were taken during his time speaking on a panel on emerging technologies in Munich.
    Fabes says one of the first things that needs to be considered if McDonald’s was to implement 3D printers in restaurants was their cost as well as safety concerns of having these printers functioning close to where food is prepared. In addition to those concerns, Fabes believes if McDonald’s does make a decision to proceed with 3D printing in their restaurants, they would need to launch the service alongside a major tech supplier.
    Entire article at:
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/11/mcd...ppy-meal-toys/

Merging posts.

This will certainly prevent local mcdonalds from going out of stock of certain items. I know how my kids can't stand it when that happens