Close

Help with my Anet A8 calibration

I did a calibration cube and it doesn't look good. I need help mainly with Y because of "waves". Printed using PET-G and bed with blue tape (i've ordered glass one today)

20191208_110320.jpg20191208_110332.jpg20191208_110343.jpg20191208_110352.jpg20191208_110408.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    which a8 do you have ?
    The new plus or the old acrylic/plywood one ?

Also why are you starting with pet-g ?
    Not the easiest of materials to get clean prints with at the best of times.
    Start with pla - much easier to dial a printer in when you don't have to worry about the filament.

Acrylic one, I need stronger material than PLA for parts I would like to print

problems with the y axis is fairly unusual.
    Not a lot you can do really.
    Have you got the belt at a reasonable tension ?
    I printed an insert for mine as the control panel end wasn't being held square.

The best way to get the right belt tension is to use belt tensioners: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ueetek-10-G...5889859&sr=8-5
    These things are brilliant :-)

The other thing is to check that the guide rods are both level. ALso that the printer is on a perfectly flat and level surface. As the vertical gantry and the y axis cantry aren't exactly a rigid combination - having it fixed to a flat surface makes a difference.

I think my belts are quite tight but the bed does not move smoothly but it tugs

should slide fairly smoothly with the power off -
    check the gear on the steper motor. Make sure it hasn't come loose and that the belt is centred on the teeth.
    Sometimes the little grub screws need tightening.
    Also that the bearings are sliding smoothly on the rods. A little lubrication doesn't hurt. I spray a little lithium grease on some kitchen paper and just wipe the rods.