Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

all built prusa i3... still need help. :(

So after 3 days of trying to find the time to build this i finally finished. i built a makerfarm prusa i3 8" printer... i am now however having a hell of a time getting the sucker to print right... every time i try and print the test cube it number one does not start in the middle of the glass... and number 2 keeps printing all the way to the end... So for instance, it will print a square, start to fill it then when it goes to print the edge again to build it higher it prints above where it first started and just keeps on working its way farther and farther to the other edge of the glass on my y axis... PLEASE HELP! what there heck am i doing wrong?

First step if you have a problem with a MakerFarm that is caused by more than a D'oh moment of your own is to shoot an email off the Colin at MakerFarm, asking his advice.

Second step is to tell the rest of us dummies what he said.

OME

man i just feel so bad cause i have had a heck of a time with the build and have been hitting him up a bunch... also the only time i really get to build is from around now till i fall asleep.. haha i tried to figure this out on my own but i have no idea what is going on.

Did you follow his video instructions on loading the RAMPS software onto your board. You shouldn't really have to have done that as the board comes already flashed.

I'd say the next place to look is your Gcode. Check your settings in your slicer.

And he won't mind answering your email. Just make sure to say, Thanks.

OME

Perhaps your Y axis can be skipping,

This can be caused due the rods not being oil'd.
    Or they are to low as Volt goes (0.39) mine also skipped due this every so often, Not that much tho, but never had it since i changed this,
    Or your belt is to lose.

Well it only seems to be skipping during the fill in process...In get getting so frustrated! I was up to about 3am trouble shooting this thing following all the steps Colin was telling me to no new result. Hopefully I can figure this out today, I'd like to start printing

Well did you follow my tips?
    As the Volts of the Steppers are quiet important, To low and it will skip.
    Same for the belt.

Also don't go above 50mm/s when troubleshooting, Perhaps even 30.

ok so after some trouble shooting Colin has been helping me with... i switched the x and y drivers.. and then the skipping switched to the x axis... then i switch the now X driver with the Z axis and im no longer having the skipping issue im printing the full cube right now and it seems to be doing pretty well... ill post a pic of it as son as it is done. Though my extruder keeps getting stuck, the gear stops moving and i need to give it a little nudge every once in a while. hopefully i can get this all sorted out soon! seems like its getting there. thanks for the help guys!

IMG_20140302_133933212.jpg Hee is what my first actual print looks like.

What filament and hot-end are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast