Close

Recommended temps for printing with Polypropylene filament?

Hello to all:

I am consulting for a small company that wants to print small parts with Polypropylene filament. His machine (Stacker S2) works great with PLA filament, so I know the mechanical distances are all calibrated correctly. However, my first attempts with PP have been a disaster. My first try was with extruder at 200C, which resulted in just a small blob of filament created at the nozzle, so OK, I upped the temp to 230C. Finally got a small cylinder to start printing, but after only a few layers (which were kinda sloppy-looking), the print started drastically lifting off the build surface. I don't remember what bed temps I used. Can someone chime in with recommended extruder and bed temps for PP? Thanks in advance!

The filament maker provides the extruder temp range as well as bed temp for just about any quality filament on the market. Many time it is right on a sticker attached to the spool. If not just google the filament type and manufacture and add the word "Specs" to the end of the search string.