Close

Question on the EPAX X1-DJ Printer

So I've been looking around at a lot of 3D printers. This will be my first one and I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with an EPAX X1. I'm going to be using it to print miniatures. However, I'm seeing on the EPAX site a new model, EPAX X1-DJ. It has some different "Parallel Light" setup that supposedly makes the quality, "slightly better".Does anyone have any understanding of how all those bulbs are supposed to help with getting better details on the print. I understand how the X1 works and other 3D printers that use the LCD at the bottom of the resin bin, but I'm completely baffled as to how this parallel light setup is supposed to work.Does anyone have any experience with the X1-DJ printer?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    only thing I can think of is that it cures layers a bit better, making the resin a little harder and the details a bit sharper.

That was helpful. Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    only thing I can think of is that it cures layers a bit better, making the resin a little harder and the details a bit sharper.
    I wonder how it get's focused in the same location that the LCD hardened. Hopefully they put a video out to explain it.Thanks again.