I decided to make a case to house all my electronics. I wanted something that would protect them and offer easy mobility during tear down and setups. This could easily be modified to fit any motor driver controller setup on the market. It's made from an old server case which can be found at thrift stores or on eBay for very cheap. I stripped out all the stock parts to make room for my new electronics. I'm almost finished with all the wiring and building all the panel mounts for the connections. This setup is perfect for debugging. I will be able to figure out disconnects issues and all kinds of other20131106_144444.jpg troubleshooting very easily

other items I decided to add are:
• LED status lights for: Power, standby, homing switches, motors (during operation ), hotends On and a few others.
• USB on the front or rear of case. This will allow me to have an input that will take all the wear and tear away from the USB plug on the Printrboard.
• Various switches: Power, standby, task lights and bypass.
• Every connection will have a plug on the front or rear of the case. After that they will run to terminal blocks and then to the controller boards.
• 40mm rear mounted fan will help to circulate air within the case. I also plan on modifying the top cover to mount two fans ranging from 60-80mm. (One will be mounted over the Printrboard and the other will mount over the Extrudaboard. )

I have a full build log and more pictures on my site. You can get there by clicking on the link attached to my signature.