Close

short carbon fiber colorfabb creality cr 10s

Hello,

Does anybody have experience about 3d print of short carbon fiber (specifically with cr10s printer)?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just like printing other filaments, but be aware if you print fair bit with cf filament, it will wear away the nozzle.
    Tends to conduct heat rather well, so print slightly lower temps than normal black pla. Other than that, it's nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    just like printing other filaments, but be aware if you print fair bit with cf filament, it will wear away the nozzle.
    Tends to conduct heat rather well, so print slightly lower temps than normal black pla. Other than that, it's nothing special.
    Thank u! but it is more than special! I cannot print well. I don't know why.
    Actually we print using gcode. I lost filaments a lot
    lower temps do not work since it cannot push the filament out of the nozzle.

You know I printed with 2 mm/s. I could not print with high speed. This machine is not for this type of material

well it a creality - they tend to use very cheap and cheerful components.

I've never noticed any difference when testing filament with carbon fibre.
    I've also never seen any point to it.
    It's not any stronger, it's a lousy electriciy conductor and for some reason it's fairly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well it a creality - they tend to use very cheap and cheerful components.

I've never noticed any difference when testing filament with carbon fibre.
    I've also never seen any point to it.
    It's not any stronger, it's a lousy electriciy conductor and for some reason it's fairly expensive.
    Hello

everybody tells me this. I am doing an academic work. This is the reason why I paid for it
    So sad
    Last edited by shangil; 11-27-2019 at 02:54 AM.

I mean it is slightly stiffer than normal pla, but as the carbon fibre is just randomnly jumbled up it doesn't really add any strength.
    And while it will conduct electricity, it doesn't really do it well enough to make anything but a very weak circuit.

I've been looking for a good printable conducting filament for about 6 years. So far, nothing works well enough to be of practical usage.
    Or it has so much metal in it that it's structurally too weak to be of any use lol

I even went down the electroplating route. And the 'conductive' cf filaments don't even conduct enough electricity to electroplate them.

You can use abs and paint it with a 'paint' made from graphite powder and acetone - that works quite well but between the acetone and the abs print-stink, It's just not something I like doing.